Am I looking into this too much?

Pinkcarrots

I split up with my ex 2 weeks ago. We lived together, and the breakup was very civilized and I helped him back everything and we've been very friendly to one another.

I should say - I initiated the breakup. I have depression issues/self esteem/anxiety issues that I just felt like I wasn't able to work through while I was with him, and that I needed to focus on just me for awhile. I do love him w/all my heart though and I struggled with feelings of sadness after the split.

He had left some things at my place and came by to pick them up (after two weeks) last night. I could tell he was nervous, and I admit I was nervous also. We were kind of chit chatting and I don't know why I asked this, but I just had to. I asked him "do you still think about me sometimes?" And he said yes, and that sometimes he wants to tag me in a funny post he'll see on Facebook but he was afraid it would be a weird thing to do. I said that was okay, and got kind of teary eyed and admitted I thought of him sometimes too and it's been somewhat difficult to get used to.

This is where I need help. I don't know what to make of his responses and I don't want to look too much into them, so I'll leave it open for your interpretation. Here's our conversation:

Me: I'm sorry for getting emotional and I'm sorry if I made it weird for you.

Him: Don't be sorry I'm just a little awkward at the moment and I'm sorry for that

Me:Why are u awkward?

Him:Because idk what to say and act haha haven't had a break up where we would talk and not hate each other. Its still very strange and surreal for me for some reason

Me: it is for me too. Do u still have any sort of feelings for me? You won't hurt my feelings, I promise, I just want to know :/

Him: A little I still care about you and worry about you and think about you

Me: I still have some feelings for you, too.

And then we both got busy as I had a friend come over and he went to the gym. What he said is so straight forward yet so confusing. Help anyone??

PegNosePete

What is your objective here? Do you want to get back with him? Keep him as a friend? Or move on?

• Author
Pinkcarrots

I think he's an absolutely amazing person and I would give it another shot if we did things separately. I wouldn't want to live together and not be so "attached at the hip."

PegNosePete

Err, okay. But you didn't answer my question. Do you want to get back together with him, or what?

ExpatInItaly

I think he is probably confused, as was I reading your post. You don't seem to know what you want. You broke up with him, yet you're trying to ask if he still has feelings for you. Those, to me, are mixed messages. Until you know what you want, don't maintain close contact. It will give him false hope and it sounds like you need to get yourself back into a healthy frame of mind.