is this anxiety??

I have recently broken up with my ex a few days ago and doing NC. We dated for 4 or 5 years Long Distance too.

So a lot of the times we talked on the phone, which was always in my room. This morning I woke up felt weird kinda like nervous and didnt want to be in my room or house so I went out and force myself to do errands, go for a walk, felt better.

Now its late here and I'm feeling this anxious nervousness feeling and its making me want to leave me house like go for a bike ride or walk. I just need to leave.

Anyone have a clue?

• Like 1

Yeah totally normal. It will go. Sleeping, eating, doing much of anything will be weird and uncomfortable for a few weeks. It is anxiety and you will feel "out of place" for a while, like you can't really concentrate or do anything and you'll always feel restless. Mornings will suck, waking up in a bed you shared with her will suck. Just know everything you feel is normal and it WILL ease away and eventually go. You just need to go with it unfortunately. What you're doing now is a good way to deal with it - keep forcing yourself to get up and do something or the grief/anxiety will overwhelm you.

• Like 3

Yeah it's normal, and it is indeed anxiety. Separation anxiety to be specific. We get used to whatever the normalcy is in our lives, and if that suddenly changes, we feel anxious.

It'll go away in time.

• Like 2

Definitely anxiety and completely normal. Your day is now missing things that you once thought of as just a normal, daily thing. It will pass eventually :)

• Like 1

In the early stages of my break up, I'd randomly go for long drives with the music turned right up just to kind of block out my thoughts. It was relaxing in a weird way, would come home feeling much better!

• Like 2