Is there any chance

Alright, I've posted about this before, but I seriously need some advice right now.

Girl broke things off with me on monday. She had been ignoring my texts (It showed that she read them) and I got pissed and sent her a yes/no ultimatum. She was reluctant to answer, but I pressured and she said no.

Now I'm starting to think I may have been wrong. She wanted space and I smothered her until she left. We had been friends for 4 years and had been seeing each other for 3 months. She won't even take my calls and (like a sappy idiot) I've sent a bunch of texts, ranging from "that s**t hurt" to "I'm sorry"

My problem now is that I want her back, and I'm trying to convince myself that it's still possible. I find myself thinking that she must still have my number or have it memorised since she declines my calls. I keep thinking that if I give her space, a month or 2, she'll let me back in.

We got along really well, and I know that she enjoyed my company. I think she's just emotional right now and doing this to get me to back off. But I doubt she wants me gone for good. She even said she isn't "obligated to answer" when I asked her if this was goodbye for good when we broke it off.

I need your opinions. Harsh or not, I need to know. Do you think there's any chance?

There's no way to say for sure but certainly smothering her with questions won't do you any favours.

She is looking for space and you have to respect that whether you like it or not.

Well first of all, you smothered her when all she wanted was space. So in that respect you ignored her wishes. That speaks to disrespect. Smothering men drive most women batty.

Secondly, you need to delete her number from your phone, delete/unfollow her on all social media and just disappear off the face of the earth. Maybe she'll come back, maybe she won't, but if you keep trying to contact her, all it's going to do is reinforce her decision to end it.

"I think she's just emotional right now and doing this to get me to back off. But I doubt she wants me gone for good"

Perhaps if you explain why you believe this we might have an idea if there is a chance.

But based on the fact that you

1. gave her an ultimatium

2. smoothered her with needy texts

I would say there is little chance.

And the more texts and messages you send, the less that small chance will be.

Here's what I see. So you two broke up in Monday, which means that you two broke up. She isn't your girlfriend anymore. She don't have to pick up your calls, she don't have to send you a single text. That's why she said she isn't obliged to answer, because she doesn't need to, not because she do want you back.

No matter what happens now, what you really need to understand is that the relationship is over. That's it, over. And the only way to have her come back, is when she wants to come back herself. No one can change her mind, not you or me. So just let her go. She ain't yours anymore, sadly.

The best thing for you to do is to cut her off immediately. It will only hurt more if you still stay in contact with her. Delete and block her, put away all the pictures, everything. If she is looking for reconciliation, she will find a way. So live life like how you would before you met her. Cry if you need to, punch a pillow if you need to.

Just to let you know, or you have to understand that, your situation is not the worst in the world. You will be happy again.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the advice. But she actually sent me a text now. I'm 100% sure its done now.

I'll learn from this experience.

Alright, I've posted about this before, but I seriously need some advice right now.

Girl broke things off with me on monday. She had been ignoring my texts (It showed that she read them) and I got pissed and sent her a yes/no ultimatum. She was reluctant to answer, but I pressured and she said no.

Now I'm starting to think I may have been wrong. She wanted space and I smothered her until she left. We had been friends for 4 years and had been seeing each other for 3 months. She won't even take my calls and (like a sappy idiot) I've sent a bunch of texts, ranging from "that s**t hurt" to "I'm sorry"

My problem now is that I want her back, and I'm trying to convince myself that it's still possible. I find myself thinking that she must still have my number or have it memorised since she declines my calls. I keep thinking that if I give her space, a month or 2, she'll let me back in.

We got along really well, and I know that she enjoyed my company. I think she's just emotional right now and doing this to get me to back off. But I doubt she wants me gone for good. She even said she isn't "obligated to answer" when I asked her if this was goodbye for good when we broke it off.

I need your opinions. Harsh or not, I need to know. Do you think there's any chance?

So, she broke up with you, wanted space, and you didn't respect her wishes?

I'd say it's done. IF there is a chance of reconciliation, then maybe you should learn to respect her.

• Author

To hell with her. I deserved better. She isn't worth my respect.

As far as I'm concerned, she no longer exists