Why Do I Feel This Way and NC

Hi all a couple of days ago my ex told me "we should just be friends" after a 4 year long distance relationship.

To be honest it didnt feel right for awhile and the signs were there and I tried breaking up with her once and she cried like crazy and called like crazy and I just cave in.

My break up issue was because we dont really talk much and she seems to busy with her school.

That was a couple months ago and well a couple of days ago she said lets be friends. I was surprised and didnt want it to end but I didnt fight for her as I knew it was the best thing. The love was gone.

To be honest I dont think I really loved her and I dont want to get back with her at all. So why do I still feel this lonely pain?

Yesterday when she told me she wanted to be friends my body was kind of shocked and I felt like I was having a little panic attack and just wanted to get out of the house, why did I feel this way if in my mind I kind of wanted to break up with her?

I also let me self cry last night, think I forced myself to listen to some sad songs as part of the grieving process

I told her that I didnt want to have any contact for a few months we both agreed it was for the best.

The no contact is for me (not using it to get her back) yet I still feel lost and confused :(

Today is Day 1 of NC

I think you are feeling this way because SHE was the one ending it. You never thought it would be her and yet there she did it. It would have been a little different if you were the one to end it.

Long-distance relationships are hard to maintain and if you don't feel any love towards her, I would suggest severing all ties immediately and respectfully.

Oh, and brace yourself for the possibility of her having met someone there..