my ex is going crazy, spreading lies

unspokenlove

I'm 21 and she's 20. We dated for over a year and 3 months, and were extremely close. Together almost everyday, very intimate and did everything together, went through our up and downs but we were always there for each other. I had an abusive ex girlfriend before her, emotional abuse that I had to work on for a very long time, but was ready to date by the time we did.

In August of last year she moved to college 2-3 hours away, where I was transferring this upcoming Fall semester. It's been my dream to go to that college since my dad attended there in the 80's. I visited often, between work and my community college classes. I would drive up there, spend the entire weekend with her, take her shopping, lunch and dinner and etc. It was great, and it was working.

Breakup happens after my second week of trying a different anti depressant my doctor prescribed me, it made me feel completely off and not myself. And my mom I was taking to the doctors because they found on her breast cancer checkup, worried that she might have it. And she wanted to argue about the way long away future, and wouldn't let it go. So I asked for a break, she took it as a breakup.

So I've been blocked on everything since November when we broke up, and Ive tried contacting her after helping her indirectly with someone who involved me in something. Her best friend told me *the ex* appreciated everything I did to help, it means alot to her and I could try contacting her in a couple weeks. I did just that, and sent her a hey, how are you from a texting app since I wasn't sure if I was still blocked. She only said - what makes you think you can talk to me? Did I not make it clear I don't ever want to hear from you again, its bad enough you are going to the same university next year and I have to see your face. F off and don't F'ing contact me again. I filtered that quite a bit, but I stopped replying and deleted the app.

She checks my social media often, where I don't even try looking at hers. She has since been home for summer from college, we have many mutual friends, so if I post a snapchat or tweet that im here or there, she has shown up 3 times so far at that location within 30minutes, by herself. she ignores me, looks at me than leaves. I received a text today from a mutual friend telling me, that my ex has been telling everyone I stalk her by following her around everywhere. And when my friend refuted what she was saying, like no OP isnt what you are saying, my ex tried more and more to convince her that I am a crazy psychopath. And has since become friends with more of my friends. She tells people I stalk, harass, and was emotionally abusive to her during our relationship and after. When she knows thats what my ex before her did, so it hurts incredibly much to see her say these things when I did everything and more for her. I loved her. I tried my best to treat her as good as I could.

Obviously I dated the wrong girl, she never once acted crazy during our friendship and than relationship, and it saddens me I have no idea who this person is now. But I really want these lies to stop. I hear about it more and more with each day.

Best thing is just to ignore it and her. Usually addressing that sort of thing just lends it some measure of credibility. Your actions will speak for themselves.

• Author
unspokenlove
Best thing is just to ignore it and her. Usually addressing that sort of thing just lends it some measure of credibility. Your actions will speak for themselves.

So just let her continue letting her slander me to everyone? Just hurts to see it happening.

Well if it rises to the level of actual slander then you could sue her. But otherwise, what she wants is to get a rise out of you. Don't react and she won't get it and wander off eventually.

• Author
unspokenlove
Well if it rises to the level of actual slander then you could sue her. But otherwise, what she wants is to get a rise out of you. Don't react and she won't get it and wander off eventually.

I'll try, shes been telling people I was abusive, that I'm stalking her for months now. No contact and it still happens, she still brings me up to anyone that she talks to.

frigginlost
I'll try, shes been telling people I was abusive, that I'm stalking her for months now. No contact and it still happens, she still brings me up to anyone that she talks to.

My ex is 44 years old and is doing the same thing. It ticks me off, but showing any kind of reaction or anybody forwarding any kind of information about my reaction will do nothing but feed her ego. If folks want to believe what she is telling them, so be it. It says more about them anyway.

In short both of our ex's are pieces of sh*t. :-)

Keep ignoring it. Believe it or not, it screams "F.U." to her.

• Like 1