Was it my mistake or his love for his ex that made him leave?

It's obvious I've been struggling with my break up that happened about 2 months ago and I've been NC for about a month now. Things are getting a bit easier, but I still feel like I'm not making much progress because of all the questions I have for my ex (that I obviously can't ask because I'm in NC).

Long story short, my ex and I were in a relationship for 1.5 years and our relationship started kinda rocky because he was still going on prom with his ex (even though he didn't tell me this) so he still had contact with her and I had to find out on my own.

On his prom night, we were together for about 3-4 months and he ended up cheating on me with her and lied about it until he finally told me weeks later.

Silly me, I took him back.

Things were great until I got to University and I cheated on him also, but I told him the minute after it happened (it didn't last long, conscience got to me). He was mad and acted out very immaturely on social media but he eventually took me back.

When we came home from school for Christmas break (December), he acted like everything was fine until late February, early March (he went back to school, I stayed home for school) he became very distant but I stuck around because I thought things would eventually get better but he eventually broke up with me and told me he was talking to his ex again.

He once again acted out very immaturely on social media and called me mean names and basically told all of Twitter what I did to him (but of course not what he did to me). Absolutely humiliating.

Do you think the whole time we were together he still loved his ex or my cheating kinda forced him to go back to her? He never speaks about his mistake of cheating or him lying to me and telling me WE were going on prom but he ended up going with her.

I don't know what to make of this and this question won't leave my head. I feel like such a fool for cheating and also a fool for taking him back after he cheated in the very beginning. I know I'm young and am still learning, but this is bothering me because he was my first boyfriend, I just got so caught up in the college life. :(

I don't really have much to say, but I don't think it was anything you did wrong. It seems to me that he was a very toxic person from the beginning, and may have been using you for something. What? I would have no idea because I don't know the situation. But I truly think that you should take some time for self care and self love, pamper yourself and remind yourself how amazing you are because you really aren't at fault for the two of you just not meshing well together.

Forget about this jerk and get caught back up in the college life. He lied and cheated from the start. Your biggest mistake was taking him back after that.

Block him, his number, everything, and move on.

Those questions are not important anymore and the answers will not help u move on. Forget them. They do nothing good for you now. They just keep u wondering which keeps him on your mind. Be strong and stay in nc. Good luck.