Anyone? (Laptop/Tech)

Its me again.

Recently realized something (which I've forgotten completely about). Ugh, life has this way of serving paper cuts every time I heal from the previous one. So I've split up from him, gone NC, haven't contacted him and feeling just a tiny bit better about myself

Downloaded a random thing from the internet today and what do I see?

"C:\ Users\ <my name><his surname>.

Ugh, thank you for slapping my face dear life. It was a sweet joke when we were together, because well, he intended to marry me. All that is down the drain now. I've changed my User under the Control Panel and all looks well but on my directory, it's still under his surname.

Ahhhhh. This is driving me mad. :mad:

Why can't he just get out of my life for good instead of popping up everywhere. I am SO frustrated. I even managed to chance across a photo of him when I was scrolling instagram today (mutual friend's upload). WHY.

its the computer name your are seeing.

go to Control Panel\System and Security\System

click on ---> "advanced system settings

select the tab ----> "computer name"

click on ---> "change"

There should be a box ther for you to change it

*****************************OR*************************************

It could just be the user profile folder

go to C:\Users

there should be a folder with the name you are looking for. right-click and rename

Edited by towch
  • Like 1
Strength in Healing

Sorry to hear this Tass. I totally empathize. For the longest time I saw movies and shows we watched, inside jokes all around. I saw her in every blonde, skinny girl. It was hellish. I decided to stop running from the pain. Helped more than time did.

• Author
its the computer name your are seeing.

go to Control Panel\System and Security\System

click on ---> "advanced system settings

select the tab ----> "computer name"

click on ---> "change"

There should be a box ther for you to change it

*****************************OR*************************************

It could just be the user profile folder

go to C:\Users

there should be a folder with the name you are looking for. right-click and rename

You're a lifesaver! Sort of. It was in the user profile folder but there's a little lock next to the folder icon and no rename option. Is there any way around it?

• Author
Sorry to hear this Tass. I totally empathize. For the longest time I saw movies and shows we watched, inside jokes all around. I saw her in every blonde, skinny girl. It was hellish. I decided to stop running from the pain. Helped more than time did.

Yeap, it is hellish. Still is the bottom of the cesspool for me. Annoys me to no end when I see him vacationing while I'm still thinking about him whenever I see couples. How'd you stop running anyway? Just let yourself be sad and think about it? I'm so tempted to but I'm so afraid I'll fall back into the sadness and not be able to climb out.

Same here. Every cute blonde girl I see, reminds me of my ex. But it gets better and better as time passes. Than it gets worse, then it gets better than before again. & Repeat, repeat, repeat.

You're a lifesaver! Sort of. It was in the user profile folder but there's a little lock next to the folder icon and no rename option. Is there any way around it?

You need to create a new user as admin and login as that user. I think you cant rename it because you are currently on that account.