Why are exes so cruel after a breakup?

Long story short, my boyfriend of a year broke up with me for his ex girlfriend and the things he said to me completely blew my mind.

For example: "If your dad was alive and loved you, you wouldn't be such a wh***"

"I don't care if you were there at the hospital with me, I don't need you! You didn't do anything for me there!"

"I want to forget you even exist"

He's even gone out of his way to tweet mean things about me and make a mixtape that include my voicemails to him of me crying.(Big mistake sending those to him I know, I was heartbroken at the time, sue me!)

Is this behavior normal or is he just immature and hurting himself?

No, this isn't normal at all. he sounds awful. I can't imagine being mean like that to people I don't even like, much less people I've dated.

Sometimes, there's just something fundamentally wrong with people, and they abuse others. This is definitely abusive behavior. Be glad it's over, and move forward.

• Like 5
Phoenician
Long story short, my boyfriend of a year broke up with me for his ex girlfriend and the things he said to me completely blew my mind.

For example: "If your dad was alive and loved you, you wouldn't be such a wh***"

"I don't care if you were there at the hospital with me, I don't need you! You didn't do anything for me there!"

He's even gone out of his way to tweet mean things about me and make a mixtape that include my voicemails to him of me crying.(Big mistake sending those to him I know, I was heartbroken at the time, sue me!)

It is not normal ,

But for many males it is in our genes that when we fail , instead of admitting failure we hide in our cave , and let the dragon fry anybody who gets closer....

• Like 1
frigginlost

He dumped you, and is acting and saying those things?!

Not normal, at all.

Want to destroy him? Live a happy life! He will not know how to handle it at all... and it will force him to look at himself, which it seems he has no idea how to do...

• Like 2

Every time he shows you this nasty immature side of him, be thankful you have moved on.

People are cruel when emotions are involved, but making a tape of your calls is very cruel and almost crazy…

• Like 3

This dude is a few can's of a 6 pack.. His elevator doesn't make it to the top floor.. Wow..

If EVER there was a person to vanish and ignore for the rest of your life, he would be a top candidate!

You need to block him on any social media, change your phone number and avoid this psycho at all costs..

• Like 3

What a shame some people act in ways like this

Personally this is not acceptable behaviour and honestly could well be reported to the police for social media slander!

I would block all lines of contact/media with this person and personally between you and me , you have dodge an extremely deadly bullet

You don't want this person involved in your life.

• Like 1

No, it's not normal. He's mentally unbalanced.

Avoid him like the plague, for the sake of your own wellbeing.

If he does anything more, contact the police.

*No direct contact in either direction. No sending or receiving of messages. No replies. Block any means he might use to contact you.

*No indirect contact through third parties.

*De-friend or delete from all social media. No monitoring of him on social media.

*No 'little birds' feeding you news.

*Tell people that you don't want to know anything about what he is doing or saying.

• Like 2

He just proved that he is not the one for you. You deserve way better. This guy is scum of the earth. Not worth a moment more of your time/energy.

• Like 1
lolablue17

Only weak people, small people, extremely insecure people, need to build their Ego and confidence through their Ex's pain.

• Like 2

"For example: "If your dad was alive and loved you, you wouldn't be such a wh***" CALLOUS

"I don't care if you were there at the hospital with me, I don't need you! You didn't do anything for me there!" ABUSIVE

"I want to forget you even exist" CRUEL

He's even gone out of his way to tweet mean things about me and make a mixtape that include my voicemails to him of me crying.(Big mistake sending those to him I know, I was heartbroken at the time, sue me!) NARCISSISTIC AND SADISTIC

Is this behavior normal or is he just immature and hurting himself?"

No, it's crazy weirdo behaviour. Keep away from him and cut off contact. If this guy ever gets fixated on you he could become dangerous. Just hope he moves on. The best thing you can do is to learn to recognise this kind of guy and avoid him like the plague.

ColdandLonelyinAK

Your post brought back a painful memory from my first relationship where my ex left a tape recorder in our room to record me crying after a fight. He later played it back and laughed as I cried.

Some people are *******s, and the things that guy said should really show you what type of person he really is and that you really dodged a bullet!

I mean, he already left you for someone else. There's absolutely NO need to rub salt into the wound like that.

• Author
Your post brought back a painful memory from my first relationship where my ex left a tape recorder in our room to record me crying after a fight. He later played it back and laughed as I cried.

Some people are *******s, and the things that guy said should really show you what type of person he really is and that you really dodged a bullet!

I mean, he already left you for someone else. There's absolutely NO need to rub salt into the wound like that.

Wow! Did he ever apologize to you? How long ago was this?

casey.lives

I think if you are making the break up harder by holding on.. he might feel justified. Also, breaking up .. can be a BREAKING process for some people. They need to feel total destruction of the thing.. to be free.

• Like 1