Not a break up but the girl i like keeps changing her mind

Started on Tinder, had good convo, moved to facebook then texting. I tried to meet up for a month and she would say yeah and then blank me until after the arranged meet time so it didnt happen or she was constantly busy. She later came out and said she has panic attacks and is diagnosed anxiety. We finally met up on monday after a month of trying, she seemed fine but she later said how scared she was. She met up with one guy before off OLD and it was a disaster when he made her pay for the meal etc, and she had a past bf for a few years who she found out was sleeping with his flat mate behind her back.

After meeting up, i couldnt tell if she was into it or not, we carried on texting like normal, she would text to say have a nice time at a certain thing i was doing or asking how something was. But then when i tried to arrange a second date she went back to avoiding the question or pushing it back. Eg, i ask if she iwants to go for a drink on Thursday, she says yeah, i ask what time she says shes in bed now she cba. So i arrange friday, she says yeah, friday comes she says weekend because she is doing some work. Saturday comes and she says she is busy for the next 2 months...

But the text messages got a little bit wierd from thursday onwards, i said i feel your not interested now? she says well it would be boring if i didnt play hard to get and that she is interested.

Friday i text asking her if she wanted to go on this day out on Saturday and she says "i dont think i can be in a relationship, i get scared about it" without me even mentioning it. I said well maybe im too street to be your prince, she says well i can teach you how to be royalty as if she does want me.

We text a few hours from talking and i put a status on facebook about how 90% of relationships are choosing where to eat and what film to watch, she text asking who it is cause she thinks she had competition for me.

Yesterday after ditching our plans again i told her i think shes leading me on and she could just say she isnt interested or doesnt like me rather than avoid me, she says:

"I dont not like you"

What the hell does that mean, why the double negative, if she was interested she would say yeah i do like you. And then a few hours of texting later i get:

"i didnt think it was right and you should always go with your gut feeling, i wish you the very best with everything and in all honesty hope one day we meet ahain maybe for a drink or chat..."

So we left it there, but i dont understand how she suddenly flipped like that leading me on all week changing her mind about not being interested or was she never interested, just didnt know how to turn me down or what the hell did i do wrong? I dont get what the hell happened at all

• Author

I told her to leave it in the end last night and that i give up trying etc.

I just dont get what the mixed signals were for, was she confused or just wanted to string me along for attention, or maybe there was another guy on the scene and she just wanted back up.

I dont get what it was with her, i was definately attracted to her and i know she was attracted to me because im a good looking guy, i cant go anywhere without having girls coming up to me telling me how "f-ing hot" i look, or im the best looking guy in the room or im perfect.

But im always the guy that leaves without anyone

Dude youre trying waaaay too hard.

I would've told her straight up "I'm not into playing games. I'm gonna ask you out this Friday, if you cancel or don't show up, you'll never hear from me again".

This girl isn't that interested in you by the sound of things. It isn't rocket science, I'd start to back off and let things be with her. Move onto the next girl - you'll find someone more worth your time.

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix

Yep, you're trying way too hard, asking way too many questions, and texting way too much. I'm not sure how much interest she had in the beginning, but it's very low now. Time to back off and abort this mission.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

Can you not see that you're wasting your time? She's not that interested; she plays games whether she means to or not. It doesn't change the bottom line. It's going nowhere.