hello love shack, it's been a while since I was last on here but I need advice on breaks. I've been with my girlfriend for 5 months (known her for 7 though) but I sold my bike so I could have money to take her out on Valentine's Day. I fully rebuilt the r6 from some junkyard bike before I met her/while with her and it became a big part of my life and me helped me runaway from issues. Now that I sold it I feel like she became the bike. Like before, I only had her and the bike ( I lost my friends/other hobbies riding too much haha) now that all of that's gone i made the relationship a big part of my life, constantly getting pissy over small things. I love her a lot and I feel like taking a two week break to find happiness in myself so I didn't get upset when she's not there would help. Would she understand? Will she still love me after the two weeks?

Instead of taking a break, why not just get a second job so you can save up money to get yourself another bike? Then you can start riding again.

I think it's healthy to want outside interests. No matter how great your relationship is, it shouldn't be your only source of happiness.

• Like 1
  • Author
Instead of taking a break, why not just get a second job so you can save up money to get yourself another bike? Then you can start riding again.

I think it's healthy to want outside interests. No matter how great your relationship is, it shouldn't be your only source of happiness.

Trust me I thought long and hard about that haha. No one will let me after I crashed. It's not the bike though, like you said it's just the intrests outside of the relationship I'm having trouble finding

It seems to me you need to find your purpose in life.

I don't see why you need to take a break from your relationship to find this, though.... why jeopardize the thing in your life that's working?

• Like 2

Let me tell you my friend, a break is not the answer!!! I ride to a gsxr 600 and yes for me they help with a lot of stress. But ask yourself would taking a two week break justify your selfish need to have some space?

Remember you say you love her and she loves you why ruin it so you can relax for two weeks. That is very selfish and honestly you will definitely hurt her. don't do it my friend you will realize you made a mistake, and then what you still won't have a bike and now you won't have the girl you love. Is it worth it just for a two week break????

Breaks do not work. They are test runs for break ups. She will not be there in 2 weeks.

It's OK to date her AND find other hobbies & interests. Do that. You can't build your whole life around another person.

I do think you getting a second job to ease your money woes would be beneficial.

devilish innocent

OP, I think you need to work on learning how to create balance in your life. You keep jumping into one thing and completely escaping another. If you take a break from her, you would be completely avoiding the relationship to work on your other issues. That's not the solution. She should be a priority, just not your only priority.