Found out I was a rebound after we broke up.

Hey this is my first time posting about anything online. I don't take break ups all that well. Im 25 years old. So I've been single for 5 years before I met a girl. I found her so attractive and I had a crush on her. But she had a boyfriend. Her boyfriend ended up being a friend of mine but he treated her badly and told me if I want her I can go and try to get her. So I tried and couldn't get her at first she was too committed. One random day she messaged me and we were talking before that already so it wasn't just an out of the blue text. I told her to come over we had a party at my house when I found out she broke up with her last boyfriend. me and her hit the ground running. all her Co workers met me and loved me and said how I was much better than that other guy she was with. I met her mom she said the same thing we were soo attracted to each other it seemed too good to be true at some points. So after about 2 months we booked a vacation to Cuba together a trip that I did not pay for but told her I'd pay her back.

After we booked this trip things started going down hill we never fought or anything but she slowly started taking steps back and I thought maybe it was because of me and I showed her all the attention a girl could ever ask for. Told her how beautiful she was and how lucky I was to have her. We almost broke up 2 weeks before the trip because she wanted every second of my life and I was too busy with work and gym and I cook my own meals so there wasn't much time for her but I tried to fit her in there some where unfortunatly she needed more. So i told myself I couldn't do this anymore once I was in cuba I broke up with her but I also told her I don't want to loose communication with her and I wanted to remain friends she even cried when I broke it off. Once we got back I told her I still like her and that I just want us to be tighter that's the only reason I backed off in the first place. But I noticed after we got back she wouldn't message me as much anymore and the only thing she would ever message me for would be for her money back. I got mad at her and said some mean things. I apologized to her immensly. About everything i said and told her how beautiful I still think she is and what ever. So she never texted me or called me ever again. 2 days ago I found out she got back with her ex boyfriend literally 2 weeks after we got back from our vacation. I got cut off and that's when I realized I was just a rebound.

Do I pay her back for the trip we went on? Since you know I got played and I'm left heart broken because I tried so hard to make it work. Also I would never take her back ever but would she ever go days missing me? I treated her like a queen something she said her ex never did. I showed her off to the world and made her feel so important and all of that just to go back to the same guy. Is it a rebound of a rebound situation or what is going on here. also all her friends stopped talking to her when she dated me and as soon as our relationship ended. All her friends came running back to her and I found all my friends were gone because I tried my best to give her every minute of my life. just a comparison between her ex and me is that Ive been raised a rough life in a poor household but when I met her I had my own place my own car and her ex is a 20 year old university student who is from a filthy rich family and the girl is also 20 years old and is pretty spoiled. She said he was ugly too he much skinnier than I am I go to the gym all the time I just think he's a rebound the same way I was. I doubt it will work but I just don't know how love works some times.

• Author

I'm in no contact now for 2 days the same amount if time I found out she go back with her ex. I only contacted her before that to see if we can fix it and we broke up mutually and with respect.

I'm having a hard time seeing how you got played? Yes, pay her back your cost of the trip. You did break up with her in Cuba, right?

When you break up with someone. Please don't expect them to call and text you or for them to respond when you comment on how beautiful they are. Break up = broken. No manipulation or game playing. What she did after you broke up with her, is not really any of your business.

She obviously wasn't ready for a relationship with you. But, that is now besides the point. Pay her back. And go completely no contact.

• Like 1
  • Author

It more complicated though I live in a small city. So i will see her again. My best friend is dating her best friend. So i may see her randomly. dunno how to react to a situation like that. Do I stop and say hi do I ignore I don't know.

Be civil. Do what feels right, when you do see her. Until you feel better, avoid any situations you know she'll be apart of.