Ex is always angry and bitter.

Happysunnygirl

Hi everyone ? I have a question to ask but first here's the story.

A guy I've been dating just dump me after 1 year of being together as a couple. We talk about it and at first he was not sure if breaking up with me is a good idea as he said he's very pressured from school works but in the end we eventually broke up. I was deeply hurt when this happened as I didn't see it coming. One day we were so in love then the next day he's gone but what confused me now is his behavior towards me; he's bitter, angry and doesn't look at me when I talk to him. Yep, we still see each other as we study in the same university and have the same group of friends. I always try to be civil and greet him when we see each other, but what shock me is how angry he is as he told one of our friends that he hated my guts in smiling at him that I am trying to show him I moved on and doesn't care that we broke up. In the back of my mind I was thinking shouldn't he be happy? This is what he want after all he said he doesn't love me anymore and want me to move on. Also, one time I ask him what's the problem and he angrily answered "I've finally move on from you" and when he heard from our friend that I was dating someone new and I will bring him in our get together he got angry saying that I become a whore just because he left and that I shouldn't bring the new guy of mine as this is our friends get together...he even confirm it to me personally if I will bring someone. He also can't look at me in the eye when we talk. Why is he like this? Why is he so bitter when he's the one who got away?

Hi everyone ? I have a question to ask but first here's the story.

A guy I've been dating just dump me after 1 year of being together as a couple. We talk about it and at first he was not sure if breaking up with me is a good idea as he said he's very pressured from school works but in the end we eventually broke up. I was deeply hurt when this happened as I didn't see it coming. One day we were so in love then the next day he's gone but what confused me now is his behavior towards me; he's bitter, angry and doesn't look at me when I talk to him. Yep, we still see each other as we study in the same university and have the same group of friends. I always try to be civil and greet him when we see each other, but what shock me is how angry he is as he told one of our friends that he hated my guts in smiling at him that I am trying to show him I moved on and doesn't care that we broke up. In the back of my mind I was thinking shouldn't he be happy? This is what he want after all he said he doesn't love me anymore and want me to move on. Also, one time I ask him what's the problem and he angrily answered "I've finally move on from you" and when he heard from our friend that I was dating someone new and I will bring him in our get together he got angry saying that I become a whore just because he left and that I shouldn't bring the new guy of mine as this is our friends get together...he even confirm it to me personally if I will bring someone. He also can't look at me in the eye when we talk. Why is he like this? Why is he so bitter when he's the one who got away?

He's being unreasonable. Leave him alone, and tell him to leave you alone. You guys need some space.

SycamoreCircle

My guess is he's resentful of the fact that you're not heartbroken over the break up. It's a blow to his ego.

I was, however, devastated by my ex breaking up with me. She, like your ex, was angry and bitter towards me and said awful things. I discovered that she'd met someone else.

I don't know if that's the case with your ex but if it is---these people know that they're throwing away a perfectly good relationship, that their selfishness is the main culprit, and that they're behaving like a rotten, spoiled child. Your presence reminds them of that.