Someone explain why he would do this?

HeBrokeMyHeart

Okay so me and my ex broke up back in November. It was a terrible fall out & we both went into NC, 2 weeks after he went into what I thought was a rebound relationship. We hadn't spoken since until he messaged and apologised the other day.

In that conversation he asked if I had met anyone yet, said that he hopes someone comes along & sweeps me off my feet as I deserved it, also brought up about meeting up sometime to catch up. He insisted the conversation and even carried it on after I tried to end it 3 times as I was going out that night.

I didn't expect to hear from him for a while but surprisingly he messaged me the next day. But it was to do with his relationship problems!! I don't understand why he would talk to me about this? He has many girl friends who he can speak too. The girl who was a rebound from our relationship ended 2-3 weeks ago & he was now seeing someone else but was keeping his options open. He doesn't really like this new girl & I've told him to stop using her as an emotional crutch. Can anyone explain why my ex would bring this up with me? We haven't spoke in 4 months (he knows how long it's been exactly) and the second time we speak it's about how bad his love life is. Anyone any idea?

He's emotionally over you & is at a point where he wants to be just friends. he thinks this is OK & doesn't understand that it's not.

Write back: Thanks for the good wishes regarding my love life but I am not the person to ask about yours. Please seek advice from anyone else. You asking me these questions is painful. Please stop.

My question would be, why are you even entertaining talking to him?

You should have blocked him and gone No Contact.

As it is, he thinks he can be all buddy-buddy, and he figures you know him best, as you were his last LTR....

The questions you ask about him, really aren't relevant - you should be preserving your own well-being, and just ignoring him completely.....

• Author
HeBrokeMyHeart

I have gone no contact 4 months off it, none of which I faultered once. He reached out & apologised for what he done I was mature enough too accept & forgive. This guy isn't someone I can forget about, he lives around the corner & is one of my best friends brother not too mention we share the same social circle & I have to attend his sisters wedding we was friends for 3 years before anything happened.

I'm not entertaining him or chasing him, I reply if he asks a question which is being mature and creating a civil atmosphere for future meetings. I haven't messaged him first once. No contact doesn't have to last forever despite what everyone believes, it's until you feel ready & have moved on. Which I have.

In that conversation he asked if I had met anyone yet, said that he hopes someone comes along & sweeps me off my feet as I deserved it, also brought up about meeting up sometime to catch up.

He probably said this to you because he meant it. He is sorry that you two didn't work out and he hopes someone comes along and sweeps you off your feet because you deserve it. I think that was a nice thing to say. He wants you to be happy. He said the part about meeting to catch up someday to further push the friend envelope. He just wants to be friends. If he wanted you back he wouldn't have said he hopes another guy gets you.