My ex is in a rebound

My story is way to long, but I will write what is going on right now and hope that someone help me!

So, me and my ex girlfriend were engaged and she broke up with me because issues in my work, and delay in the date of marriage and stuff like this. She said that she was going to take care of her life, moved to other country to study and said that the situation was in my hands, that I should put my life in order, have conditions of making plans with her and later try to regain her. She said that she love me, but can agree with some things in my life. Ok, this is just a resume!

she is in this new contry, studying for about 5 months now, and in the second month, a friend of her posted on facebook a picture of a camp, and I saw her and a guy hugging each other. She had a fight with this friend, because of him, i saw that she was dating someone. I call her and we had a fight... so I started the No contact for 2 months. In Chrstmans I wrote her and she relied very happy and friendly.

I know that she is hanging out with this guy, because I have a password of one of her social media... and I see pictures of them in the same place and hour, but never together like a couple.

She created a group on whatsapp and addes me and my brothers, just to chat with us. She said that she miss us and stuff like this. But this week, she added on facebook, the brother and cousin of this new guy she is dating.

So, Im very confused about her feelings... why get in touch with me, if she is going out with this guy and starting to make friendship with his familiy? She thinks I dont know nothing about him.

Maybe is a rebound... she is alone in this new place.. I dont know.

Someone has a clue of what is going on?

marcelo.santos

My advice is to go strictly to NC and move on.

NC means not having any of her passwords - I did this mistake in the past: This is a big disadvantage after a break, it keeps ou connected to someone and will hurts you - My advice is to change the password so she will be forced to recover her account and set a new password you have no access - I know that this is hard to do but after this you will not hurt yourself anymore.

wait some days and make something to move yourself away from this whatsapp group - no need to give an explanation.

Dont waist your time with this girl - she had a chance to marry you but now she is in another country ****ing another guy - you have nothing good to wait from her anymore - move on - it will hurt you know but will not kill you.

• Like 1
  • Author

You are right, the right thing to do is just forget her and move on, but I love her to much to do this... and I know that she loves me... our relationship was amazing, but problems in my life made our relationship fall apart... she said to a friend that Im perfect, a really good man in her life, but I need to improve myself and change things in my life. I know that somethings are my fault... woman need to feel secure and my financial situation was making her to doubt about my capacity. I work with music... so, is a unstable bussines.

She said that she cant wait any longer for me and she had to take care of her life... so she left to study and left the situation in my hands. I know it is not fair to me... I need her help, but she is very independent.

Im trying to improve myself, working and hoping that when she came back, we have another chance.

I know this guy is a rebound, because we were very close and she loved me like she never loved other guy, so this new dude is just fullfiling the hole in her heart. He is the opposite of me... younger, drinks a lot... I just dont know what to do... I really love her and know that we can be happy together.

If she was thinking in get a serious relationship with him, she wont write to me, my brothers... this is what I guess. I know that she is confused and just enjoying her time in this new place and friends. Maybe when she return to home, she will realize... dont know how to express myself writing here... is more complicated that this. Some people just think she is a cow, maybe she is, but I know her very deep, know that we are "meant to be" and this just kill me. She is being so blind... She wrote me saying that she misses my dog, and stuff like this... She is a very proud person, and to her write things like this to me, shows me that she is very confused about what to do. Her mother just tell me every time that I must be patient... this sucks!

You are right, the right thing to do is just forget her and move on, but I love her to much to do this... and I know that she loves me... this sucks!

Delusion: A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.

• Like 1

Let her have it. Let her be abroad, study, learn a little bit about life.

I don't think it's necessarily over forever, but if you keep in contact, you'll most likely get friend-zoned.

Just live your life, let her miss you, and more importantly, eventually realize that you're doing fine by yourself.

• Author

yes, I have to use more my head instead of my heart... give time to time and stop checking her life... she is to far to me think in doing something.

we dated for almost 3 years and we were engaged for 4 months when she broke up and left. All this time I had problems and she was waiting to me fix the situation and have a better condition.

Now that she is far away, I am living alone, working and improving myself... the hope is when she gets back, I will have everything prepared, and try to regain her.

a couple of weeks ago, she was in a store and saw a toy that I used to play with my dog. She took a picture, sent to me and said that she remembered of me. In the next week, she sent me a picture of a dessert she liked and found in this new country... So, I know that she kinda miss me, all the stuff we had together, but in her mind, she is better studying and living far, instead of marring me. My only chance is to prove that she is wrong and show her that I can be successful in my work. Like she said when she was leaving: now is in your hands, put your life ir order, make things right and after that, regain me.