One random text per day from ex gf

I'm back to the Shack, which is never a good thing :).

My girlfriend of two years ended things rather suddenly last week. We had significant issues, and things might have ended sooner, but her brother committed suicide in November, which prevented me from ending things.

Regardless, there was always some passion there, even until the very end, which was a week ago tonight. She went to my house with me after going out, got in her pajamas, waited for me as I cooked some food, then basically just started to say she had to leave. I was like, "What's going on? It's 2:30 am and you're just going to leave your dog here?" She said she wasn't in love with me anymore, that she was getting attention from other guys, and left me with her dog. I haven't seen or spoken to her since.

She got the dog when I wasn't around the next day and has texted me exactly one time everyday since this went down. The text are either pictures of her and the dog, pictures of me and her, or random things she sees on FB. She said she missed me once. I have not responded to any of the text.

I am trying to be completely done with this and I think for the first time she is as well. But I am curious as to what the random texts are all about. I mean, I think she knows that I am not going to respond to her. What is she doing?

Can you autorespond with something like:

The Horizon subscriber 1-555-123-4567 has blocked all SMS/MMS messages from this number. Message 45709.

Or, you could just block her.

• Like 4

Her texts are completely pointless, probably just wants you to think of her and delay your recovery. Block her off and change your locks.

• Like 4
smellysocksuni

Jesus. Are you sure this isn't my ex?

I got two texts from her this morning - pictures of MY OWN CAT with the caption "saw these and thought you'd like them" - thanks, but I haven't forgotten what my cat looks like.

Block. Delete.

• Like 4

I am trying to be completely done with this and I think for the first time she is as well. But I am curious as to what the random texts are all about. I mean, I think she knows that I am not going to respond to her. What is she doing?

Don't even look at them. Delete them unread, then block her.

• Like 1
sober and dry

Why dont you to block your exs?! It would be the first thing I would do... Protecting myself from this kind of BS and allow myself to heal!

• Like 1
Why dont you to block your exs?! It would be the first thing I would do... Protecting myself from this kind of BS and allow myself to heal!

I didn't block my ex for the simple fact that I know she won't reach out to me.

You said that she claimed that she was getting attention from other guys, right? This was what she told you as she left.

Yup. She's just keeping you on backup. She's going out there and testing the waters. But isn't quite sure of herself and her dating status/level just yet.

So she's sending you cutesy bs to keep you on the hook, so that when the dude she's falling for, tosses her aside after sleeping with her one night, she'll know in her head that she can run back to you.

Don't be that. (And I can tell you're not)

I didn't block my ex for the simple fact that I know she won't reach out to me.

Me too, guess I have to hand it to her she hasnt strung it out or had me on the backburner or fed me breadcrumbs, respect maybe, but more to the point proves she was a nice girl as I knew.