She texted me.

So my ex texted me after one year and a half from NC.

Anyone here uses whatsapp? she did it in there, at 4am.

The messaged just said "Hi".

I saw it next morning and couldn't help but reply to her because it seemed damn weird to me. I replied: "???"

And in that same day she then sent me: "oh, sorry, I can't remember sending that first message".

I was like... What the heck.

I didn't replied to that last message, ad proceeded to delete the conversation and block her.

IMO it seems almost impossible to me to send something to someone on whatsapp and then say you can't remember...

Was this an accident, or what do you think?

• Author

Yep, it is possible.

What haunts me is... Why (after so muuuuuuch time) keep the number of a person you claim to not want to do anything with?

Weird. But thanks!

Yep, it is possible.

What haunts me is... Why (after so muuuuuuch time) keep the number of a person you claim to not want to do anything with?

Weird. But thanks!

Hell, I got some people in my phones contact list, I forgot who they are. I'm terrible about cleaning that stuff out.

• Like 1
DrReplyInRhymes
Yep, it is possible.

Weird. But thanks!

I don't know your intentions, if you miss her or what,

if it was a terrible breakup, or if it was an amiable cut,

But JUST from the information you posted, and if I had to make a guess,

I'd say she was drunk, or simply backpeddling from her text.

I see one of two scenarios, take it as you will,

The first being she's drunk and lonely, and looking for a thrill,

The second is a bit dicey, but maybe she missed you a bit,

and after your response, her ego took a little bit of a hit.

So her response, in a way, is to cover her attempt

at fishing for a compliment, or getting you to contact her again.

Like I said before, this is simply conjecture and theories I concluded,

please be aware that the 9 lines you posted is information seriously diluted.

• Like 1

You handled it well though, with you "???", followed by silence and block.

Probably was drunk, saw your number, texted a dumb "hi".

• Like 2
Yep, it is possible.

Weird. But thanks!

Personallly I keep my wife's number in my phone so that when she calls I know exactly who it is and I won't accidentally answer it.

Not saying that's her motive for keeping yours, but everyone has their reasons.

Personallly I keep my wife's number in my phone so that when she calls I know exactly who it is and I won't accidentally answer it.

Not saying that's her motive for keeping yours, but everyone has their reasons.

This is also what I have done. I have my most recent long-term ex's number in my phone but changed her name to "do not answer"

• Like 3
This is also what I have done. I have my most recent long-term ex's number in my phone but changed her name to "do not answer"

Haha I do that as well.. Some as "don't even think about it!" I just laugh when I see it but I've never been tempted so that's cool :D

• Like 1

What you did there is close to genius :laugh:

• Author

She broke up with me because she was "no longer feeling it".

Then, a few months after that she told me that she broke up with me because she saw her ex. She said "oh, but I never cheated on you, I just saw him but it made me feel guilty because I still had anger towards him and it wasn't fair for you".

I tried to clear things, she said she still loved me but that she knew she made things bad, bla bla, then she said she hated me and that was it.

I mean I wasn't the perfect guy, but at least I was honest with her and upfront about the things so we could solve them and have a respectful relationship.

And yes. Now this.... **** it.

Simon Phoenix
Yep, it is possible.

Weird. But thanks!

I have numbers from people I haven't talked to in years. Sometimes I'll see a name in my contacts and truly forget who they were.

• Like 1
  • Author

Oh, I forgot to mention there was a time when she called to my house 6 times.

She denied she did it.

And given the circumstances of our break up and her instability I think it wasn't a mistake.

Who knows, anyways, thank you.