Emotional rollercoaster 1 week post b/u.

My ex broke up with me 1 week ago. We were together for just under a year and work together. We are both in our late 20's and did not live together.

We broke up over the telephone whilst I was out of town, he said he did not see us lasting long term due to different interests.

Since that I have been on an emotional rollercoaster, telling him I hate him one day and crying saying I'm sorry the next. I have even purchased one of those 'get your ex back' style books.

When I returned home he came over to give me my Christmas present, he then stayed for about 1 and a half hours where we both just basically cried, he left in tears, as was I, though I think his tears were probably mainly because I was so upset. During this visit he had again said that he didn't think we would work long-term because I just don't like the things he does, I said I liked that we were different.

My birthday was this week, he stayed up until midnight and text me "happy birthday" at midnight, referring to me as a truly amazing and generous person.

He then turned up to work that day with my birthday present. I was angry and told him he was messing with my head. He keeps insisting that he wasn't and I just deserved the gift. He has been nice since the break up and has not had a single angry outburst like I have, I think he is nice because he feels guilty and knows we have to work at the same place.

He knows I want him back and do not want the break up. He has not made any attempt to get back together or repair our relationship and today I told him that he must think he made the right decision, so we do not have anything to speak about or compromise on, I told him not to contact me and I would be moving on, just like he has.

I hope this post made sense.

I want my ex boyfriend back. Does anyone have any helpful advice or tips? Should I attempt to move on?

Thankyou in advance for any answers.

Sorry nic.. but IMHO, his head has already moved on. You guys are on two different pages. Don't go chasing after a man who doesn't want you that way. You don't need it.

You now have to be a ghost. Don't engage with him in any way. I know you want him back, but even in this highly unlikely event, it won't be the same, and it will fail again.

Staying in touch with him gets him everything he wants, at your expense... you get nothing in return, but the face of a failed relationship. Go mend your broken heart. The man of your dreams will come into your life and will stop at nothing in pursuit of you.