still and in pain

still confused and in pain

hello everyone, i'm new to all this and although i have people i can talk to i dont think anyone really understands, here's my story.

my ex left me 6 weeks ago after nearly 5 years of living together, we were very close and did everything together, he was my best friend and soulmate, we are both 47. it all happened very suddenly, no build up, no arguments, up to a couple of days before he left he was still very loving and affectionate, he showed no signs that anything was wrong, i will be honest in saying i am abit insecure due to past relationships and i had a talk with him just before about how i would understand if he felt he would be happier if we split up, this was not a big deal, it was a short talk and he told me everything was fine, it was after that he became distant and 2 days later he left telling me we needed some space, i was totally devastated by this, and to say i was shocked is an understatement, he left with some clothes saying he would stay at a mates.Since then i have only seen him once and contact has been simply to arrange the collection of his things. i have tried and tried to talk to him but he has shut me out, i had one message saying he had fallen out of love with me, so here i am 6 weeks later, i dont know where he is staying, i dont know if there is someone else, i am in a very dark place and the pain is unbearable at times, i miss him so much, how can he just walk away and not look back? does he even think of me? surely he must feel the loss like i do even though it was his choice??

Any one else out there that can relate to this?

I feel your pain. I'm going through it as well. I feel frantic and hep less. Its dark and cold. You just have to go through it but try and have faith that things will get better and that this had to happen for you. Why? We don't know yet. Try and think of whats happening right now. Do not think of the past, its done over. Don't worry about the future just right now. Watch this it might help