Why did my ex's best friend contact me?

I will try to summarize briefly...I was with my ex for 2 and a half years but with many breakups and the final breakup was about 6 weeks ago and was because I found out that he was cheating on me with his coworker. So of course we haven't spoken since then.

Monday I received a message from his best friend to go to a concert next week. This is someone who hasn't even spoken to me since before the breakup and pretty much stopped talking to me because of the issue in our relationship (which was his ex and his best friend happens to be a good friend with his ex). He didn't even bother to ask if I was ok at all during any point after this last breakup.

Why would he contact me now and to go to a concert together?

• Author

Not possible, he isn't that kind of person. They're BEST friends, they've gone on a 2 month holiday together, they're really close.

• Author

Also : The time I broke up with my ex before this his friend also didn't contact me and then 2 months later this happened and there were discussions about my ex and I'm pretty sure he told him.

Not possible, he isn't that kind of person.

Okay then, it's impossible that a single guy would invite a single girl randomly to a concert and the though of sex is nowhere in his head... Really?

• Author
Okay then, it's impossible that a single guy would invite a single girl randomly to a concert and the though of sex is nowhere in his head... Really?

You would do that to your best friend?

It doesn't matter why he messaged you. My only suggestion is don't go. This could end up extremely messy...maybe he has feelings for you or just thinks he can get some action out of you.

Or maybe your ex boyfriend will be there with him and he's trying to "fix things". Just stay far far away from this whole situation.