apologizing to my ex's friends

My ex I'm pretty sure ended things about two weeks ago but hasn't said that it is officially over. We had a big fight about a month ago and never recovered from it. I asked her point blank if she wanted to move forward from this and if she still had interest in being together or dating but I never got a response. But in the time of six months I became pretty good friends with her friends. They were always there for me putting in a good word and saying good things about me when I wasn't there. They just pretty much said that I was a good guy. I want to just send them a text to say thank you for it and I had fun meeting them and there family. Also that I didn't want them to see it as a slap in the face for saying good things about me sense I started the fight.and that maybe I will see them around. They still contacted me to tell me happy b day and that they miss me a week ago. I just don't want to over step any boundaries. And its no attempt to make my ex mad or try and win her back.

Don't.

If they were upset with you, they wouldn't have reached out to wish you a happy birthday. There's no need to apologize and doing so will look like (be?) a desperate attempt to get her attention.