Can't believe how dumb I've been

I broke no contact with my ex last night ... 5 days in , he told me it is just a break because I have been smothering him but now I'm not so sure . I panicked and rang him for some advice about a personal matter because he supported me before . He was very quick to advise but also sounded very cold and unfriendly , no greeting and couldn't wait to get off the phone .

Should I now be realistic on the back of this that there's no hope or would he just be cross I broke no contact so soon

sdrawkcaB ssA

I would keep away until he contacts you.

Until you do talk again, on your dicussion, ask him what makes him feel smothered about being with you? Some find insecurities the trouble about themselves, so explaining what brings on insecurities if any will allow the both of you to work things out together.

As for smothering, do you feel clingy or needy, as any actions from that would be smothering. He may feel like he wants more private time, having you around when home invades his personal time. Some men are that way, even women, especially with anxieties.

If you feel like you're being clingy, tell him this "From this point, it's not a break, it's a break-up, if you're not sure about what we are, I'll be sure for you." then leave and go NC.

Treat this as a break-up, because from the sound of it, it more than likely is.