Why would an ex contact you after months/years of not talking?

So I received a text from an ex girlfriend that I dated back in HS. This was nearly 4 years ago. The text was a link to a YT video that her and I enjoyed watching (strange I know)... that was it. There was no other message with it explaining why.

Ever since we broke up, the windows of no communication would grow and grow. The last time I had any form of contact with her was back in January when I ran into her at the grocery store.

She's off in college, doing college "activities"... why would there be room for her to send me this out of nowhere?

Obviously nobody really knows, just wanted to get different opinions on it. I'm also not interested in going back... again I'm just curious :)

It's a feeler to see where you stand or if you will respond. Maybe just trying to see if she can get a reaction.

• Like 2
  • Author
she is trying to rekindke, or just trying for a compliment, leave it, or talk it over just to hear each other out

All great points so far!

I have yet to reply and probably won't. This has happened before and when feeling out the entire conversation, I got a very different vibe from what we used to have. I mean people can change a lot over the span of 4 years.