Hard to move on and here's why..

Me and my ex girlfriend have been broken up for around 4 months. There has been no contact for periods of time, there's been times where she's told me she's missed me and loved me, there's been times where we've hung out and laughed and everything was good again.

But it never changed the fact that it always came down to her not wanting to be with me. The texts, the phone calls came less often, mostly on the weekend when she was drunk she would dial me or text me and want to come over. You see we used to have an apartment together but last month she finally got one of her own. I had tried to do the right thing and not talk to her, keep no contact but the lonely weekends and her persistence on seeing me always made me weak.

Fast forward to this past weekend, I had successfully gone no contact for 4 weeks, she had called me last weekend once on Friday night, once on Saturday night, and then once on Monday. I never answered, I never called her back and I just left it at that. She didn't text or give me any reasons for her calls so I just didn't worry about it. Like most of the advice on her i wasn't going to make anything more out of it cuz I'd been there before and nothing came out of it.

So Saturday night I was awakened by loud knocking at my door and of course it was her, she had just showed up, drunk. Not to get into all the details she slept at my place that night and left the following morning. I have been strong, but now she is running through my head again, I don't know what to do, any advice would help and I can give you more details.

She is using you for emotional support...and she's letting you go easy. Next time you see her at your door step shut it in her face and start NC asap.

Situations like this does you more harm than good, can't you see that?

• Author

The thing I'm wondering is why when she is drunk is she always trying to see me or hang out and I mainly don't hear anything from her any other time?

When she's drunk she is thinking of the now. Right NOW she needs to cuddle, have sex, garner your emotional support. When she's sober she is in a different headspace.

Next time, tell her to take a cab home. She's keeping you on a string because she knows you'll let her back in whenever she needs you, but she isn't be thoughtful about how this affects you.

Get rid of her.