re-evaluating things taking two weeks NC

So me and the ex have still been seeing each-other for the past few and it has been really nice.

I did get a bit emotional this week and told him that i have to walk away because with his new business and all he can't give me the attention i require. Especially with my emotional state.

So we talked through things and then we decided to take two weeks no-contact away from eachother ( it's been nearly two months since break-up)

This will be the longest that we have gone no-contact for. Now I don't know how i'm going to feel in two weeks time. But I'm just really venting because i'm hurting right now because i know in two weeks it's really going to be pretty final and I will have to move on if we both decide that we don't want to be with eachother.

Is this a good idea? It will give us some space and we can really think about that we want?

I was a huge part of why the relationship ended. He couldn't trust me and couldn't forsee the relationship working. I know that trust isn't built over night but i do love him very much and I know that he loves me too.

It's going to be so tough to do this 2 weeks but hopefully I can get my emotions together for the meet up.

• Author

Because I had a gambling addiction but I have stopped that now.

Just to get emotions in check. A little space I suppose

Simon Phoenix

Two weeks isn't space. It's an extended vacation.

• Like 1

When did you stop gambling? Addiction is a life long problem. Are you in a 12 step or some other sort of support program? When you are an addict, a partner may not want a part of that life, and you will always be an addict. It's hardwired into your brain, and you will deal with it for the rest of your life. He might choose not to walk that path with you, and you have to respect that.

How long ago did you break up? I think I remember when you posted before because you mentioned the gambling addiction.