Day one post-breakup

I flooded my feelings out last night and realize it was probably too long. So, here are my thoughts today. and a condensed version

My BF and I were only dating for 1 1/2 months. But we were moving slow. Our friendship began in January, and we were talking every day for the past 4 months. We both wished to go at a slow pace.

He is in med-school. He begins a new clinical rotation Friday, and will be 2 hours away, gone for 7 weeks, and probably only in to visit one weekend. So he came to me yesterday and we had "the talk". He was crying, and seemed sincerely upset, and expressed his feelings for me. But we hadn't seen eachother in almost 10 days (due to conflicts in our schedules). We had a small issue to work on. Well, face-to-face, we resolve problems very well. However, via text, its just difficult and there comes a lot of miscommunication and misunderstanding.

Basically, he said if he was going to be here and not away for the next 7 weeks, that we could work this out. But how we both felt not being able to resolve an issue via text, really hurt him, it hurt me, and with his studies etc, he would like to break up for the time being. He feels like it would be too stressful on both parts, him being away. He said we could Maybe try a fresh start when he gets back, but isn't making any promises. Says he isn't talking to anyone else. Wants to remain friends, and communicate as friends, and possibly progress naturally back into something when he returns.

He's already texted me 3 times in the past 15 hours. Once after leaving "im so so sorry ;-( " "Good night. hope to hear from you tomorrow." and "good morning. at least let me know you are there =-( " I haven't responded, because I need time to think of what im going to do. Maybe I was too good to him. Like I said, the miscommunication was our only issue, and we only had that issue via text (which unfortunately is our main way of contact because of his schedule).

So, as of now I'm NC. But, I would like to work things out with him, and possibly get back together. Im not sure NC is the way to do that.

Same advice as yesterday. Invite him over. Tell him you understand, and to give you a call when he returns, but not before then; none of this "friends" nonsense. Then, if you've had sex already, bang his lights out, throw him out the door and say goodbye for now.