Why didn't my ex boyfriend want me to sit next to him when I saw him today?

Me and my ex boyfriend reunited today and we both go to the same college. I bumped into him during my lunch break. We are on pretty good terms and he is still nice to me and talks to me like a friend and today I saw him at lunch with a whole bunch of his friends that were mostly girls. I asked if I can sit next to him and he declined while another girl sat next him instead. Why wouldn't he want me sitting next to him?

He wants to sit next to someone who won't ask him where his head is at and can instead enjoy his lunch rather than choke on it.

Let it go.

• Like 1
WhatIsLove2014

Seems like you don't understand rejection because this seems like the same as your other post. These "two" or "one" people/person are being ridiculously obvious about being disinterested/rejecting you.

I saw him at lunch with a whole bunch of his friends that were mostly girls. I asked if I can sit next to him and he declined while another girl sat next him instead. Why wouldn't he want me sitting next to him?

He doesn't want the girls thinking he's with you and he doesn't want to sit next to you.

Not to pile on, but because it's not appropriate for you to be sitting next to him. You are exes; exes don't sit next to each other. He's looking to move forward and you sucking around him doesn't allow him to do that and it creates stress in his life.

Going forward the next time you see him around campus, say hi & move on quickly. You need to give him the impression that you no longer have time for him. It's the only thing you can do to save face.

When you asked to sit next to him, what he heard was "OMG I still love you & I want you back." Since he doesn't want that, of course he said no. Also since the other people he was with were mostly girls, I bet he is working on trying to date one of them & your presence is cramping his style, making him more annoyed that you are there in the 1st place.

• Like 1