Broke up with gf, then had a MAJOR realization.

Ok, so if you read my last post a little while back, you know that I was considering a break up. I ended up going through with it. Just right now I realized that the reason I wanted to break up with her was not the true reason. I think that was just me trying to find a reason since I couldn't figure it out. I found that I am completely happy with her. I am completely happy with my life. Nothing is wrong and so many things are right and new things are turning up. So many things make me happy.

That is where I realized that the issue is. The many things that make me happy don't do the same for her. Different things make her happy and those things don't do the same thing for me. And it's not the big things either. Our major goals and values line up perfectly. It's all the little things. Music, late night drives, road trips, adventure etc. That is what I love and feel I live for. The little things are what I hold dear.

Are we supposed to find someone that we want to share with the joys that life brings us? Or is our soulmate supposed to be someone that will love us unconditionally as we do the same for them? Which is the most important? I am relieved and feel in a way enlightened with this realization that I have come to, but now I need to figure out what to make of this new insight I have.

Ps. Sorry if it's in the wrong section, I'm not entirely sure where to put it.

Requiem4Dreams

There are a few threads on here that I read that I agree with. That the person you're with is with you because they want to be, not because they have to be. Basically happy either with or without you.

Love is unconditional and forgiving. Just as in a relationship you don't have to spend every waking moment doing each thing with that person. Everyone is different and has different interests. It would be great if everything lined up perfectly but it doesn't always do that.

Basically someone that compliments our life, not becomes it.

Edited by Requiem4Dreams
  • Like 1