Ex bf quit uni.

FailedFirstLove

Hi

You don't know my story but keeping it short. We had a series of fights. And his one to keep to himself. No social life. He is depressed. But hates to admit it. He went through a rough childhood and no one ever did anything about it.

He couldn't take fights at all. Everything upsetted him x10. Two months ago we had a major fight. He completely blew up. I left him alone after that. At 5 weeks I fb messaged him. Just saying hi. Nothing.

So now 2 months after breakup. I messaged him again. Telling him my news about maybe being able to go overseas and I wud get the rest of my stuff and return his. He was just cold. And he told me he as drop it off. I said I'll gather his stuff and get. A friend to go get or something. He got angry and said I was being difficult and it only shows how horrible I was. And I said I cud get my friend to get it since they are still at the uni. And he told me. He won't be there cause he quit.

his doing his phd. He would NEVER have quitted. He used to tell me he was so depressed he wanted to quit before. Now in so worried. No one knows how depressed he is. His mum went through t for years and finally got out. And he refuses to tell her cause it will burden her. Guys I need to talk to him. What do I do. Please help

PhD program is intense, and if he is really depressed, leaving the university might be a good decision. It would give him the time needs to develop social network, enter into a therapy, and work on whatever other issues he might be struggling with. The symptoms of depression is different for everyone, as you probably already know, but low energy, mood swings, anger, sadness, etc. can interfere with his academic focus required to successfully complete his program.

It might not be the worst idea to leave the university at this point in his life. If he really wants it, he would return to school when he is up to the challenge. It might just be best to respect his decision to leave school, for now. He must already be feeling bad about it anyways.

But most importantly, this is no longer your problem. Even if he is depressed, has no other social support other than you, and really needs help, you are probably not the best person to provide him with the support he needs. You are too closely intertwined with his issues.