No Contact Rule - It WORKS!

Hi all,

Just an inspirational piece for all who is struggling with No Contact (NC).

Few years ago, I was devastated - my best friend was sleeping with my bf and they hid it from me for months......I would hang with them not knowing they were doing stuff behind my back. And when I start putting 2 and 2 together and approached my friend, he denied it and re-assured me all was well........Then he'd go sleep with my bf.

Anyway....after finding out, I was crushed. I came on this site for support and I have lots of old postings on here to prove it! This site and the people on here gave me the hope I needed.

I implemented the NC Rule and stuck with it, and it WORKS. And when I mean I implemented NC, I mean I DID . I changed my phone number and cut all people connected to him off as well. I cut off any potential avenues that led to him and it did wonders.

2 years later and I am 100% over him ! In fact, if I see my x, I could even be his friend b/c I have zero feelings for him. And no I would NEVER get back with him - ever.

Stick with NC - it will give you your strength back...its a slow process but in a year or 2 you will be over him/her. But you MUST stick to NC.......change your phone number so that he/she doesn't have the ability to contact you.

So to all those struggling with NC, please stick with it....it will get better.....each and every day you have NC with him/her, the stronger you will get and your dignity will return .....You won't notice it, but NC is doing its magic....its just needs time.

NC is the cure to a broken heart......just give it some time and it will heal you..........then you'll be at a point where you can start meeting new people and you'll see how happy you'll become.

Cut out any and all people related or connected to him/her. Period.

Best of luck to you all...

Edited by gbadboy
  • Like 3
music_and_poetry

Agree with everything except for the part where you mentioned cutting out friends of his. I lost my first love when I was 18. I mantained a friendship with one of his close friends. Fast forward seven years and we are best friends :p

I completely agree. You stuck to your guns, and you came out the other side. There is someone out here in the world who is proud of you!!!

When someone comes to the point that something is truly "over", it's "over"...no buts. You're common sense and rational mind will tell you to let go. You're heart and neural pathways will try to push against this though...not because of love, but because of familiarity.You'll "miss" the person, even if they treated you badly, or the relationship simply had nowhere to go. This is where NC is SO important...the longer contact is kept up, the longer it takes for your heart to heal, and for your brain to build new neural pathways. It's a lose/lose to stay in touch.

NC is less cruel too....though many don't see it that way. One of the cruelest things in the world is false hope. Staying in contact stokes false hope...and keeps people stuck, sometimes for years. The kindest thing one can do, in the long run, is to make that clean break.

I commend you.:)

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks to you both for your comments.

To the first poster, I understand that sometimes its not in your best interest to cut certain friends who are linked to their ex. I hear you.

In my case though, it was a necessity b/c these friends had warning signs surrounding them....keeping them around would have just hindered my healing process.

To the second poster, I completely agree with your comments! It is true that most of us long for our ex's not b/c of love persay, but b/c of familiarity as you say........... NC helps you start think rationally and once you can start thinking rationally , you're judgement is no longer clouded and that is when you know you'll be healed! B/c rational thought will prevent you from 1) longing for your ex and 2) encourage you to move on once and for all.

I hope my posts inspires those who are struggling with getting through NC. If they stick to NC, they will overcome their ex and lead happy lives..... I am 100% proof of it.