She kept stringing me along, so i ended it.

TheStrugglingPrince

TheStrugglingPrince

Hey guys this is my first post.

The title may seem deceiving after this. But me and this girl, we were never together in the first place. We met a year ago and we started working on her charity and some projects together. The more we worked the more i became attracted to her, regardless of how much i tried to fight it. But that left me wide open to be taken advantage of and yes she did. I covered most of her work, i would come to meetings and sit around for an hour because she was late. I even fixed her car as i was shocked by its state but that was a one off. The more i liked her the more excuses i made. I know its my fault and i dont blame her, because i chose to do everything. But after a while i had enough when i asked her to step up her work, she lasted for a few days before she returned to her old ways. The last straw was when i asked her to complete a simple task and she forgot. I had enough and i wrote her letter expressing my dissappointment and also my feelings for her. I left her charity with immediate effect and the impact shocked her as she finally realised she relied on me too much. She asked for a meeting and i expressed everything i felt and we even talked about my feelings and i asked her out on a date and she agreed. Knowing her now guys what do you think she did. You guessed it right she cancelled, so it was moved on another day. But sadly its (beautiful, amazing, funny) her and she had to pick up her mother up and i hope that was the honest truth. So today was the day, the day i have been looking for, for a whole year. And the more i thought the more i realised she wasnt good for me (no ****). I canceled the stupid movie date and i took her to a cafe and i told her again how i felt but i also told her that i didnt think attraction should take this long. Someone said on this forum "the ones we want dont want us, and the ones that want us we dont want. And when there is a rare exception to that rule we call it love". I told her that i couldnt be friends with her after she insisted, i didnt want to be her back up. I walked her to her car and we hugged she even put on lip balm or cream maybe she wanted to kiss. I picked her up like a goodbye final hug, something i never did.

Later that evening she wanted me to check in with her once in a while on how life was going and i told her i couldnt promise.

I have learned that attraction is not something you can force onto someone, and i didnt know what i expected her to feel after a year. Am not a pick up artist and i dont know 101 ways to touch a woman to make her be attracted. I tried doing this the good guy way whatever that means. I have five younger sisters and maybe i was too busy being an older brother. Maybe i went wrong by never demanding things, by being walked on. I am honestly sick of this three year period i had after my last serious relationship. Maybe i ticked all the boxes for her except the one that makes you feel. And before feminist bite my head off i am not nice guy who just wants sex, am just a nice guy who is confused on how to treat women, because being nice doesnt seem to work.

What shall i do, should i stay optimistic and find this woman of my dreams. Because this "being myself" is not working this way. Is this all a game you have to play. Maybe i have to be patient and wait. I dont know, what do you guys think?

Thank You

I tried means and ways to make my ex gf loved me. But sometimes it doesnt happen. U have to face the truth.

Let her go. And next time. DOnt ever be so nice to someone again unless she is your wife.