keeping tabs via social media

So my boyfriend and I ended things about a month and a half ago. We "hung out" (aka acted like we were still together we just didn't have the label anymore) for about a month after breaking up and still had feelings the whole time. I am still so in love with him and just last week he told me he still loved me. Last Friday he said he "wanted to be with me" then freaked out me on Sunday because I followed one of his teammates on instagram (he plays football for a university). It was completely innocent and legitimately just a follow, but he got really mad/jealous and said he was "done with me", blocked my number, etc. I have not heard from him since then HOWEVER we are still facebook friends, he still follows all my friends on instagram and he looks at EVERY SINGLE mystory (snapchat) my best friend/roommate posts. He has told me in the past that he only watches her mystories to see me, because he missed me. But after our big falling out I can't see why he would care enough to watch them. He has 200+ friends on snapchat and usually doesn't watch many mystories--yet he sees all of hers even if it's 10 hours after the fact. He'll scroll down to see them.

After our breakup we had talked about getting back together ~someday~ after we both grew up and matured a little (it's pretty obvious he needs to mature, right? haha). I am still clinging to that hope even though I feel like he HATES me since the instagram "incident". He's at fall camp for football for one more week and last Sunday after he blocked my number he texted my roommate and told her that we (he and I) would talk after camp. I'll be surprised if I hear from him though. I don't wanna get my hopes up.

I am 90% sure I am over thinking this situation, but with his past exes he has cut ALL ties on social media and with me, he hasn't. Does anyone think this means anything? I still really love him and I still wanna work it out, but obviously that's out of my hands. I know I can't do anything to change the situation, but I'm just wondering if anyone thinks this means anything or am I just crazy???

Always Pondering

I read your story on your other thread and it sounds like a mess. Social media can be so destructive with break-ups and especially the young. He's overreacting to something on Instagram that is absolutely nothing. He's in his early 20's and it sounds like he wants to explore his options, venture out and meet other potential people and just have fun. He most likely told you he felt depressed but that after "everything has worked out, you two can hookup again" because he wants to convince himself that his decision was correct.

I'm also surprised that with the short time-span of the relationship (February to July), he talks about love, marriage, a family, etc. It sounds like he was getting the highs from the honeymoon phase but doesn't seem interested in a real, serious, committed LTR.

He might just be curious if you're moving on without him with social media, keeping you as a second choice in case he doesn't find anyone, or maybe because you two still have an arranged time to "talk after camp".

To be honest, if I were you, I would just do both of you the favor and remove him from your friends list. Start NC, and you'll have plenty of chances at dating other people anyways. He left you, seems to be more interested in exploring his youth, doesn't sound emotionally mature, and there's no point keeping him on Facebook if you plan on moving on (which is what you should do).

Also, don't do this:

Why not invite him on a date and have a good time.

No offense to the poster but when you're the dumpee and the dumper has blocked you and fueled all this drama, inviting them to a date isn't the brightest idea.