Ex-boyfriend contacts me after 4 years break-up

Hey all,

I'm a bit confused, after 4 years break-up, my ex-boyfriend still tries to contact me. We were together from 2008 till 2010. We lived 1 hour from each other.

After 2 years I wanted more from him, commitment, a place of our own, children...

But he didn't want it, he said he had other priorities. My dreams were crushed, I had a really hard dealing with someone that just played pretend.

After a year of break-up, he wanted to catch up for coffee whatever, I didn't want to. I wanted to work on myself, my self-esteem, who i was and what i wanted ...

On FB, i saw he had a new girl, he bought a house with her, so yeah, I was quite torn up, so i deleted him from FB.

I also had a thing (we didn't sleep with each other) with a coworker, self-esteem was hitting rock bottom when he just wanted a fling with me, nothing serious. That was 2 years ago.

So now my ex of 4 years ago sends me an e-mail with 'hey' as title. I don't want to open it. I'm happy with my life right now.

Well, I think you should open it. Just because not knowing is going to eat at you. And has done so already or you would not make a thread about it.

But once read, whatever the message is, not do anything about it. You are happy now. Stay happy :)

• Like 1

I went for a walk the other day, and on the pavement, a short distance from my house, was a small carrier bag. It had something in it. I gingerly picked it up and put it in the nearest bin. I never looked in it, I never examined it, but somehow, I just knew it contained dog excrement.

I didn't need to open it in order to know that the best and safest place for it, was a bin.

Ok?

• Like 1
  • Author

I'll treat it like Pandora's Box. Not opening it.

I'll delete the message without looking at its content. :)

• Like 3
HeartbrokenNewbie

Uh I think you may be off the mark here... Ive also had emails headed "Hey"... it is spam he's probably been hacked but if you open it you might have a free ipad or something lol x

• Like 2
redbaron005

Glad you're happy. Personally, I would take a look at the email, plus you're not obligated to respond. Life is short, why not.

• Like 1