Found out my Ex is getting married.

Black Cement

Man, I feel the worst right now. There I was scrolling on Instagram, and my friend who is a wedding planner post a picture for some of her work. Then I see my ex commenting on it, like "I love it, can't wait.."

I was using strict NC and this shows up. I still love her, & I had hope for us to reconcile, but now I'm just depressed as anything.

I was using strict NC and this shows up. I still love her, & I had hope for us to reconcile, but now I'm just depressed as anything.

BC, look at it from this angle...

You no longer need to wait, worry, lose sleep, pine or any other sad verb regarding her return. She ain't never coming back. It's official. And now you can officially move on.

Mazel tov! It's great news.

organizedchaos
Earlier this spring.

Well then it appears she's marrying her rebound. I think you can guess where this is going.

Griesfootball

You no longer need to wait, worry, lose sleep, pine or any other sad verb regarding her return. She ain't never coming back. It's official. And now you can officially move on.

That is a black and white straightforward way to look at it but it's absolutely true, good luck

• Author
Black Cement

That's easier said than done. I felt I was on the cusp of her coming back, I thought she broke up with her lame bf, now I find out this. It wasn't too long ago me and her where planning our wedding day. Its crushing. I wish i could just move on.

That's easier said than done. I felt I was on the cusp of her coming back, I thought she broke up with her lame bf, now I find out this. It wasn't too long ago me and her where planning our wedding day. Its crushing. I wish i could just move on.

Cusp? Bro, please. She was banging that dude whilst she was dating you. If she got married earlier this spring, she was in a relationship (textual, spiritual, emotional, probably physical) with her new hubby months before she dumped you.

She obviously didn't break up with the "lame" bf. She married the "lame" bf.

You can move on if you take a friggin' minute or two and realize she married HIM and not YOU.

Start the grieving process now. Go NC and move the fook on.

• Like 3
Man, I feel the worst right now. There I was scrolling on Instagram, and my friend who is a wedding planner post a picture for some of her work. Then I see my ex commenting on it, like "I love it, can't wait.."

Sorry to hear that but at least you need waste no more time on the woman. Best to push onward and upward. I'll admit it was weird when I found out my ex wife got remarried but to be honest I was way past it by that point. There's plenty of women out there in the world just find a sane one and google them to be sure LOL

• Like 1
lovebug_5858

I agree with the other posters.

We understand that you are hurting but look at the white and black facts- she's getting married.

And not to you.

It's time to move on.

The first time I stumbled upon online dating, 2006 I was reading some stuff on Lebanon, at the bottom was an advertisement "wanna meet Lebanese women" I click on it just out of curiosity. It takes me to Arab lounge on online dating site geared towards Arabs. Right on the first page was pic "look at one of your successful couples" it was a pic of an ex from age 18, in a wedding dress with her husband she met on the site. I was so suprised and jealous, not because I still like her, but because she got married and I didn't.

Marriage doesn't necessarily equal happiness and eternal love, so I wouldn't be so jealous of somebody just because they married. Just saying.

That said, it must have sucked to see that, but yes it may be just what the OP needed to move on.

• Like 1
  • Author
Black Cement
Well then it appears she's marrying her rebound. I think you can guess where this is going.

Actually I don't. I'm not to familiar with rebounds and all the things that come with it....

Cheater marrying her rebound? I feel so sorry for the other guy.

OP, be glad you got out of that trap! Spared you plenty of lifetime.

• Like 1
  • Author
Black Cement
Cheater marrying her rebound? I feel so sorry for the other guy.

OP, be glad you got out of that trap! Spared you plenty of lifetime.

thanks. I guess everyone's right.

Actually I don't. I'm not to familiar with rebounds and all the things that come with it....

Well, here's the collection to choose from:

- Since a few months aren't enough to really get to know each other, and since the spice from their 'forbidden romance' is gone, they'll grow bored as routine sets in and seperate again.

- The above just before/instead of seperating they cheat on each other over and over.

- Differences show, they grow bored of each other, at worst fight for a while; seperation/divorce.

The wedding day might be fun and all, but people would be much better off if they finally sat down and took a realistic perspective about the future, not just the one with rosy glasses.

Totally agree with this.

Well, here's the collection to choose from:

- Since a few months aren't enough to really get to know each other, and since the spice from their 'forbidden romance' is gone, they'll grow bored as routine sets in and seperate again.

- The above just before/instead of seperating they cheat on each other over and over.

- Differences show, they grow bored of each other, at worst fight for a while; seperation/divorce.

The wedding day might be fun and all, but people would be much better off if they finally sat down and took a realistic perspective about the future, not just the one with rosy glasses.

Searchin81

check out some of my threads. Same exact thing happened to me... My ex and I Broke up and he married the rebound.. now a few short years later he text me all the time..

Searchin81

I think this was a rebound and she is afraid of being alone. She can run but she cant hide, her feelings will catch up to her. Try and let her know as soon as possible before she gets married.