8 months Post Break up, random bread crumb

Its been 8 months since my traumatic break up with my ex who left me. In that time I did a lot of soul searching and growing. Even landed a new girl friend who is great and so sweet.

The thing is, is that I'm currently stationed on the other side of the country for Army training, and shes finishing up college and will be starting a job there too upon graduation. In addition there are still demons leftover from my breakup that come out to haunt me every now and then.

So earlier today I got a random breadcrumb from my ex saying she got a new job . I think it means nothing, and that she wants attention. I congratulated her briefly, and moved on. The night before she texted saying she couldn't sleep and was nervous about the interview she had. I ignored it. A few weeks ago she randomly came on strong to me via text saying she missed me romantically and that she wants to be with me, but only because shes jealous of my new girlfriend.

I think she is jealous, lonely, and just wants attention. It is so like her, shes still most likely the self centered and selfish person. Her reaching out to me I think is a selfishly motivated way of getting an ego boost from me.

A quote I heard and like is to "Not lower your standards, to raise someone else's ego". A quote in which I will be applying, because hearing from her still has an effect on me, even more than the 20+ KM I did walking/ running in the deep woods today for training haha.

Rant over, hope everyone is doing alright and has a good weekend.

I agree, it does sound like she was seeking attention more than anything. If her contacting you affects you the way it does, why not block her number? It seems like you're doing well enough to not have to do that, but if you feel like it'd help you heal, then you may as well. At very least, don't reply while you still have her number on there. Don't lower your standards!

• Like 1

You sound like you're heading in the right place my man. I don't believe that relationships are a game - it's not about making her work or setting conditions on her if she were to want back...

You have to forgive the whole thing I guess. Right now you have a new partner, she's obviously thinking about you but, hell - SHE destroyed this with YOU.

It's absolutely OK to feel torn up about it, it means you're human - that you actually cared about your relationship. Be proud and be wise. Keep the NC my friend.

• Like 1