Very weird predicament/feelings...

spaceboy409

Sooo I've been posting on here for awhile. It started out with complete sadness over losing the love of my life. I moved home to be close to family but just recently moved back to where I was living to try to make things work with her...

The weirdest thing is...once I got her back, I started to feel confused, depressed, and even sad at times. Im not sure why since I feel like this was everything that I wanted. I have basically put my life on hold for the last 4 months for this girl and now that I have the chance to fix it, something just doesn't feel right about it...

For some reason when I'm around her...all I can seem to focus on is the hurt and I feel her being distant now and I can just tell so much that we are not the same people anymore...

We have been together for only a little for 2 weeks and we already have argued a ton and broke up once. Yet I still can't seem to just let her go and vise versa for her...

We don't get along, we have none of the same friends, but we have the most amazing memories and I think thats the only reason I can't let her go.

We got in an argument last night and we haven't spoken all day and I think now this time I am really gonna try to move on. I feel miserable and lonely. Has anyone else been in this situation? Does this make sense??

Yes! I have been in your exact same position.

When I broke up with my first love for very realistic reasons (She was very clingy, selfish, never took responsibility etc.) it was extremely hard and even afterwards I still wanted to try things again. Things were off and on for a couple months afterwards. I had trouble letting go of her and so did she, and we often coped by meeting up and having sex. Eventually, out of feelings of depression and loneliness I tried getting back with her. I soon realized shortly after that it was an extremely big mistake.

It wasn't that I wanted to get back with her for... Her.

I got back with her because I had so many memories and it was that strong emotional attachment even though I hated the person she had become. Thankfully she did something extremely stupid not long after that was the perfect excuse to break up with her. I left her without looking back, and soon after she was actually begging for me back! I ignored it and told her I was done associating myself with her, and that I didn't want to have anything to do with her. It was so hard and lonely at first but I got over it.

I know you don't want to hear this but it's time to move on. There are so many better things for you. Your girlfriend right now is an old car - yeah maybe you have a lot of good memories with that old car, but it has so many problems and there's a new car out there for you that'll be so much better and give you so many new amazing memories.

Best of luck, friend.

• Like 1
Exactly what I needed/wanted to hear. Thank you for responding! :)
If you need to vent or want advice for your specific situation you can always message me! :cool: