Resetting NC

I know I'm not the only one that keeps on doing this.

In fact the reason for this post is the alternative to me sending an email to the ex.

I want to believe NC works because I can't keep on repeating the same **** every time with her, there is no way back from this:(

Weallwalkthelongroad

I'll give you a run down on my day:

Woke up and thought about my ex as usual

Drove to work and thought about my ex

Got to work and thought about my ex

Ate lunch and thought about my ex

Unblocked my ex on FB and started to write a message to her. She's weird and only responded the last month or so when I sent her a message through FB. She's a ****ty communicator and was affraid to commit to anything...

Anyways, back to my day....

As I was writing the message, I realized it was pretty nasty sounding basically because I wanted to tell her off so I could get some stuff off my chest.

Then...

Something hit me. This girl was a total beotch and treated me like an a-hole when I did nothing to her at all. It was a short lived R but i knew my feelings were genuine so I definitely didn't deserve to be dragged through the mud. I realized I've felt like a bag of poo for long enough and she doesn't deserve to hear from me again. She's just not worth my time.

So long story short, once the 48 hour waiting period is over, she is going back on my block list on fb. Out of sight out of mind. I feel like I am single and ready to mingle again.

• Like 3
Weallwalkthelongroad

Unblocked my ex on FB and started to write a message to her. She's weird and only responded the last month or so when I sent her a message through FB. She's a ****ty communicator and was affraid to commit to anything...

As I was writing the message, I realized it was pretty nasty sounding basically because I wanted to tell her off so I could get some stuff off my chest.

Then...

Something hit me. This girl was a total beotch and treated me like an a-hole when I did nothing to her at all. It was a short lived R but i knew my feelings were genuine so I definitely didn't deserve to be dragged through the mud. I realized I've felt like a bag of poo for long enough and she doesn't deserve to hear from me again. She's just not worth my time.

So long story short, once the 48 hour waiting period is over, she is going back on my block list on fb. Out of sight out of mind. I feel like I am single and ready to mingle again.

ps: i never sent the message. decided against hitting the return button on my keyboard.

• Like 1
  • Author

Then...

I was with my ex for 7 years, it's really hard but I know what this is.

She wasn't a bitch, I was the non-committing one, had previous issues from a previous relationship, I would break up with her because I wasn't happy and wanted things to change, was never the answer, the issues were never resolved and they can't be now, it's all too late, too much has happened:(

• Author

Funny actually, I blocked my now ex when we started a break some 6 weeks ago, i unblocked her 48 hours ago and have re blocked her since.

It's sad but I even liked some of her status' on my FB photos, she won't see them now because she's blocked again.

• 11 months later...
  • Author

Hey Look a year Later and No contact worked:)

Been getting on with my life, took the time I needed to get over her then made a promise to myself to refuse to think negative thoughts.

I gained a new confidence in myself and expelled my co-dependant side:)

Guys, this took time, a lot of time and some people heal quicker than others.

My ex still enters my thoughts sometimes but she doesn't stay for long.

I made myself very busy, made some nice money and moved away from my hometown, have myself a lovely apartment by the beach and have been working on myself for once.

I've been getting on well with the ladies the last 5 months and have turned into I suppose what they would call a player :p

But you know what, I'm the most important person and my feelings have to come first :)

I remember when I was going through what some of you are going through now and man did it suck. I was a mess. I couldn't see straight and the guys on here really helped me through it. (Chi and Simon thanks guys), also to the rest of the tortured souls that piped in and gave me the kick I needed sometimes to get her out of my thoughts.

You guys can do the same, any contact is going to be hard and that's why this whole 'No Contact' thing is so important. It does sound a bit like a 'get rich quick scheme' but the only thing you're going to lose is a ****ty ex that doesn't deserve you.

My last contact was last October when she emailed me demanding I pay half a water bill from an old property we had. She also told me that our dog was dead and tried blaming me.

I don't need people in my life like that.

People that are poisonous to your happiness need to be removed.

Peace out :)

• Like 2

Then...

Oh my gosh. I'm in love with this post right here.

The part in bold is my life right now, lol. He's in my thoughts all the time.

So glad you didn't hit send. It doesn't sound to be worth it.

Oh, and FB is the devil.