Coming home to an empty home

Well everyone, it's been about 5 weeks since the break up and 3 weeks NC. I've gotten soooo much better. The pain has subsided greatly. NC really is the quickest way to heal! I've forced myself to have a social life and now I can actually have fun again! I catch myself out and completely forgetting about it. However, when I have those drinks and I'm on my way back home in the middle of the night, it still hits me that he's not there waiting for me. He was always so happy to hear about my great night and we would always make love as I'd be quite tipsy, lol. But now there's no one...the bed is empty, the computer chair is empty, there's nothing but total silence..and it hurts. I miss him so much....sigh..just venting.

• Like 2

it eventually gets better, hang in there! I'm in month 5ish and I still have issues with sleeping alone and not coming home to someone. but I have dogs... their breathing makes it less quiet :-)

• Like 1

Yes i can relate, just into a new RS, we do not live together yet as my ex and i did. I do miss the climbing into the sheets with someone. Although when my daughter is with me, she will come into my bedroom at 4 in the morning and take all the covers! And right now its freezing! Song i understand.

My ex slept over 4-5 nights out the week. We slept soundly being close and I missed waking up and holding her hand. My apartment felt empty when she left.

Vent away, Songbyrd

• Like 1

Omg, yeah…this part sucks. Nights are hard--it's the downtime that gets you, the time your ex once filled. I keep checking the time as if I'm still waiting for her to get off work and come home to me. Swell, ain't it?

But I've also gotten angry today and that felt nice. Not towards her necessarily, just towards myself, and allowing a person who's no longer in my life to continue hurting me so. I keep telling myself that she left me, that WE are no longer, there's no team--all because she made the decision to walk out of my life. Most of the time I cry, but I appreciated the few angry moments today. Anger these days is more like common sense! Day 5 almost over. F**k!!!!!

• Like 1

If I were you I'd redecorate. Redo your bedroom, rearrange the computer room and make everything girlie.

And spray perfume.

HokeyReligions
If I were you I'd redecorate. Redo your bedroom, rearrange the computer room and make everything girlie.

And spray perfume.

no joke. Rearranging furniture. Making changes in your environment are known to help heal grief. New bedding. Different towels, switch things around in cabinets. It really does help.
  • Like 1
  • Author

Yeah, anger is easier to deal with then sadness. Most times now I'm feeling annoyed with his stupid mistake..and I feel really confident in myself knowing he's the one who' losing out. Still once in a while(usually weekends) I miss him. It's getting less and less tho thanks to NC. Keep ur head up, better is on its way!