I think NC is starting to work.

Wings Of Love

I think I'm improving a little. I've been missing the ex quite a bit and wondering whether I made the right decision in going NC, but I guess it has just been confirmed in my own mind that it was the right thing to do.

I'm sat on the sofa next to my sister who still has him on her Facebook and she was showing me something on her laptop. Just as I leaned over, a status update from him popped up on her News Feed. I felt the usual jolt of pain shoot through my entire body, my heart back-flipped. Usually the pain and the sadness would last a few hours...but I shook it off within a minute or two and I'm feeling fine again.

Yeah I know, it's probably not a big deal to anyone else. But for me, this feels like a real step in the right direction. I feel good. :)

mikejensen3355

Don't sell it short! That's a HUGE step! I'm definitely not there yet. I saw a picture of her with her new dude a couple weeks ago and I felt like hell the next 2 days.

I only feel a little better now but I know even that is a relief, and gives me some hope that one day I really will heal from this. Be really happy about that stuff. It means you're really moving on. There are a lot of people here including myself that only wish they were that far along. Celebrate it!

• Author
Wings Of Love
Don't sell it short! That's a HUGE step! I'm definitely not there yet. I saw a picture of her with her new dude a couple weeks ago and I felt like hell the next 2 days.

I only feel a little better now but I know even that is a relief, and gives me some hope that one day I really will heal from this. Be really happy about that stuff. It means you're really moving on. There are a lot of people here including myself that only wish they were that far along. Celebrate it!

That is true, it is a huge step. It took me near enough 3 years to get to this point during my first break up. It has only been 3 months since my last relationship ended, but I'm in a much better place already.

I hope you feel better soon, I know how awful it is seeing them with someone new. My first ex had 4 girlfriends in the first 3 months after we split and he used me as his relationship agony aunt. It does hurt, but I look back now and I feel nothing. You'll get there my friend, take it one day at a time. :)