Community Forums

Reload this Page Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Girlfriend of 2 years broke up

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Old 22nd April 2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Girlfriend of 2 years broke up

Hello everyone, was hoping some of you could offer me some advice.
This past Saturday, my girlfriend of nearly 2 and a half years split up with me.
Now, she had been a little 'off' with me a couple of days leading up to that, but I don't understand what brought it on. I don't live with her, (I'm 19, she is 18) but I would see her near enough every day, providing she wanted me to obviously. We broke up once before, but that was for only a day pretty much, but this time, she seemed really sure about it. We hardly argue, and have had very few problems.

On saturday morning she phoned me and asked if we could meet for a chat, which of course I agreed to. We were talking for a long time, and basically she just said "I only see you as a friend now." Now, I don't understand how after 2 and a half years nearly, she can just suddenly see me like that. Problem is, is that I still love her and want to be with her, but I'm not sure if their is any chance it will happen now. Like i said, it's only been 2 days, we've been texting, I've phoned her up, and I am walking her home tomorrow, where I also plan to have a chat with her.

That's pretty much all their is to it, but I am completely baffled as to why she came up with that decision. All I want to know is, do you think that their is a chance we can get back together? and how should I approach it? Because I love her more than anything and this has been far to hard for me to handle.

Thanks for your time everyone, much appreciated.
Ashley_SW6 is offline   Reply With Quote