Why women want to keep the string on guys?

Do they really think guys are all idiots? Please be honest, all of us.

It works the best. I can forgive all the stupid lies she said when we broke

up, but I cannot forgive her not letting us move on.

Btw dumpees, it's not too hard to find out the classic "I still got feelings for you,

but I want to explore my options first, and maybe after that we can be together."

Women! Such a wonderful creature! I love them.

Sarah12385

hm...i'm not sure what your post meant, but the last line i'm pretty sure was sarcasm.

you seem rather bitter, which i assume is the cause of your anger.

go have a night out with the guys and you'll feel as good as new :p

~Sarah~

EnigmaXOXO
Why women want to keep the string on guys?

"Women" don't play these adolescent games. Little girls do. Find yourself someone with maturity and class. If you don't allow yourself to be strung along; you won't be. Respect yourself, and eventually they'll learn respect you. ;)

hurtingandconfused

What he's trying to say is:

Most women do not offically give the clean break with their men. Most of them use the line...I do not know what I want...Maybe we could get back together but just..not right now. I'm confused, but I still love you.

Ok, t, you've got our attention.

Now: what happened or do you just want us to thoerize around your first post there?

Pyrannaste
Originally posted by hurtingandconfused

What he's trying to say is:

Most women do not offically give the clean break with their men. Most of them use the line...I do not know what I want...Maybe we could get back together but just..not right now. I'm confused, but I still love you.

Just a thought. Perhaps when they use that line, they really mean it.

zarathustra
Just a thought. Perhaps when they use that line, they really mean it.

In my experience the "keep guy in emotional orbit" strategy is usually the result of lingering feelings, not crass manipulation.

Some woman, especially after a significant relationship, are reluctant to "let go" even when they're the ones "letting go."

Life's a bitch sometimes. :)

BlueHeavens

If you're involved with a person with some sense of emotional maturity, they will tell you the truth about how they're feeling, even if you may not like it...because it's the right thing to do. Regardless of whether the truth will "come out in the end" or not...it is the best thing to do anyway.

In the few instances when I have been a relationship ender, I have been honest about what I expect from both myself and the other person in the ending of the relationship. I only wish the men in my life had ever returned the favor. It does go both ways. In future relationships I am going to look for that type of emotional openness...

I hope you feel better soon...

well, i bashed out on her yesterday. i asked her why she was trying to be nice to me. And I made sure I let her know since I was the one working hard to fix our relationship, while not realizing that had the opposite effect on her, and that she could do a lot of things to make our relationship better, but I didn't see any of them. Haha. I just bashed out. I still care a lot about her, but I admire myself for my courage. She hasn't replied yet. And I am checking my email every three minutes. Darn.

When I said "women are wonderful, and I love them", I didn't mean it

sarcatically. Sarcarsm is the worst form of language, I try to avoid

them as much as possible, unless it's a funny situation. And I don't

think that was a funny situation. I guess I was trying to say was "I

am confused by them".

- t

meanttolive4ever

my guy right now is stringing me on..he hasnt even told me to move on yet

My ex GF is feeding me the " I'm confused right now" "i dont know what i want" i cant take it much longer...

I wanna tell her, "hey if you dont want me anymore just tell me and then ill go away and move on with my life"

But no shes stringing me along seeing me twice a week... when she feels she owes it to me

I wanna tell her to stop- But i love her, i cant let go...

Don't show them your weakness. If she feels pity for you, she should know better by not seeing you anymore. If she still has lingering feelings, somewhere on the line you made a big mistake and that caused her to breaking up with you, but she still got feelings for you. Maybe you want to find out why and show her you are not what you were anymore in an articulated way. I found out that I was too needy, and I haven't asked her for forgiveness and told her that's because I loved her so deep and it blinded me. Maybe that's your case as well. Oh man, we loved each other so much. I miss that.

-t

meanttolive4ever

if they didnt have feelings for you i think they wouldnt be stringing you on..but thats IMO

t that is what hurts so much for me, too. I know she loved me so much...and i loved her so much too...

Our love was so true...

I guess i screwed up somewhere...

God why????

meanttolive4ever
Originally posted by MEso

t that is what hurts so much for me, too. I know she loved me so much...and i loved her so much too...

Our love was so true...

I guess i screwed up somewhere...

God why????

our love was perfect too...its so weird how perfect things even get messed up. Have you ever saw the movie "A Walk to remember?" our love was like that..nothing was wrong...except i didnt die. And our names were the same too..what a coincidence

Now i dont plan on seeing that movie unless i wanna cry through the whole thing....

Man im a pansy i cried during the last Friends the other day just cus that ross and rachel got back together and talked how tehy will never be apart again...i know it was tv but it was like they were destined

I just hurt to see to people like that

I really really really need the strength for no contact...i think it could possibly work...but i need to talk to her...she is the only person i can talk to...im in hell

meanttolive4ever
Originally posted by MESO

Now i dont plan on seeing that movie unless i wanna cry through the whole thing....

Man im a pansy i cried during the last Friends the other day just cus that ross and rachel got back together and talked how tehy will never be apart again...i know it was tv but it was like they were destined

I just hurt to see to people like that

I really really really need the strength for no contact...i think it could possibly work...but i need to talk to her...she is the only person i can talk to...im in hell

when i watch that movie i cry all the time...its so sad.

yea i mean i think i can work things out with my ex...but i can never get ahold of him and he wont ever really call me back

i am one of those girls who has "strung" someone along. and i did not mean to do it in a coniving way. i really was just confused. loved him, but had never been wtih anyone else and thought i should see what's out there. but still all along, had a feeling i would want to go back to him. there is definitely a chance that your girl is feeling the same way as me - loves you, but feels the need to be independent and live life on her own and see what's out there for a while. just let her go, and when she realizes that you are the one, she will come back. i have been thinking about my ex a lot and really want to get back together with him. i am just afraid that this "stringing him along" has hurt him so much that he won't take me back. you saying that you would take your ex back give me hope.

MEso,

Find out why. But be prepared, be confident and be reasonable. Keep reminding yourself this is going to be a great challenge, nut if successful, it's going to make you happy. I guess that's why I am doing this. I know I want her, at the same time I know sometimes things do not work out. I think my "ex" liked my attitude a lot.

laur24,

how old is your ex? I am almost 25(4 more months), but I am the youngest in my family. So I am really surprised at my maturity. Sometimes adversity brings out the best of humanity. Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is if your ex loves you and you love your ex and you guys are mature enough, you should find a way to forgive each other. I believe in forgiveness. Good luck!

-t