He's liking my pictures on instagram.

He has liked two of my photos this past week on instagram. While I don't follow him, he continues to follow me. Then today I was speaking to my sister and she asked me if I knew that he was trying to get rid of our dogs on facebook. I flipped out because the one dog inparticular I had before we were together and we had an arrangement that he would take care of him till I got on my feet and found a place for him. My sister said "it must really hurt to see him liquidating you and your life together"... I didn't realize how much it did until now.

So I texted him asking him not to sell my dog. He responded that he absolutely was not going to, and that the ad was for the dog we had together not the dog I had before we got back together and said that he may be an a**hole sometimes but he values his life (referring to me killing him if he were to get rid of my dog)... he then went text after text filling me in on how all of our pets are doing. I didn't really say much in return except a thank you for updating my dog on vet shots and whatnot. Then after we spoke he liked one of my pictures on instagram again. I don't know if he assumes we both are moved on enough to be cool with one another or what is going on. I don't think he is second guessing himself since he hasnt asked how i am or tried to hold a real conversation with me. I just wonder what the deal is? I haven't really displayed much care to him that he could see... other than the weeks that we were going through the break up, once he said he was done... I didnt beg any further. I have acted nonchalant. I did obviously text him random events or questions the first month or so to try to keep him in my life like a fool... but I stopped doing that over 2 months ago and have only texted him for the phone bill issue and in this circumstance with my dog.

Maybe he assumes I am with someone too. I don't know. I don't even know why I give a damn anymore... in 2 days it will be 5 months since the official break up, 6 since we started having issues. We haven't had a conversation really at all in like 3 1/2 months so it seems wildly inappropriate for an ex fiance that I'm not even really on speaking terms with to "like" my photos.Maybe I'm exaggerating, but even all of my friends have called me saying "what the hell? Did you see X liked ur picture?!" I've only liked one of his photos and it was of my dog. I'm not progressing as quickly as I'd like. This is a rough month for me seeing as it was the month we got engaged, and the month we got back together.

Your over-analyzing things, which is a common practice of people who aren't moved on from a relationship.

Keep things realistic... He's not asking for you back. He's not apologizing for anything. He's not trying to make things better. He just liked a photo of you... Nothing more nothing less.

For all we know he might just be trying to play head games with you, and if he is then it's obviously working. If his "likes" are bothering you it might be a good idea for you to block him on your social media sites.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Im still struggling to heal but I cant help but wonder if everyone else assumes enough time has passed where the threshold of watching my feelings has dissapated. Over the past few weeks he continues to like photos i put up on instagram...his friend tagged me in a photo of my dog trying to mess with me. His other friends wife who has NEVER liked anything on my facebook ( didnt even realize we were friends) liked one of my statuses...one of his other old friends liked my picture yesterday and a few minutes agp his MOTHER liked and commented on a photo i posted when she has been.avoiding me like the plague since the break up. I have all of the peoples posts i met through him blocked from my newsfeed since we broke up...so i forgot about them for a while. Does tgis seem slightly innapropriate to anyone else?! I sent my dog a care package of toys with no letter or anything to my ex and he took a bunch of photos and texted them to me. I didntcrespond and then he put one on instagram and tagged me in it thanking me. Is 5 1/2 months long enough for these people to assume that the love of my life cancelling our wedding is long enough to act as if every thibg should be fine and dandy?!