Day 13 (Unlucky)

Thunderchild

Good Morning

Well done on surviving to another day. I'm now on Day 13 of NC and feeling a lot better from Day 1. Tomorrow will be the full fortnight and before I know it - a month will have passed.

Again, another early rise. I'm still not getting a full night of sleep, but at least it's not broken by upsetting dreams. The new fitness/weight loss regime continues - I'm getting into the swing of that.

Am still obsessing about the ex, but that is probably me still working through the anger. That might take a while to resolve. In my logical mind I know that it is over for good, but the pain and the anger at the betrayal still leaves that dull throbbing ache like toothache. I don't see any hope of reconciliation with her, and suspect she won't be interested in making up with me anyway. She has the baby (by her paramour) now - she's got what she wanted - I simply became surplus to requirements.

Reflecting on what (allegedly) happened - I know it's probably not healthy to do so - but, the two month delay from cheating to the breakup keeps striking me as waiting (ie stringing me along) until her paramour became more established in her life before dropping the axe on me. How a drunken sh*g at a Xmas party translates as a long term relationship (with unborn child involved) is a matter beyond my concern. She cheated - I don't trust her any more and I have no respect for her. Her inablity to take responsibility for her actions simply cements the knowledge that we're through.

Now, it's about me and my healing.

Live long and Prosper.

• Like 1