Unsure what to think...

Finally_Cracked

Hey all, I've been broken up since October 2012 with my ex of 4.5 years. Through many outbursts, begging I decided to stop my nonsense. I talked to her in late January,attempting to be nice to the situation. After realizing talking to her made me feel like crap, I went NC. I have her off Facebook, but my friend updated me on a facebook status of hers she thought was suspicious, something along the lines of "Its' interesting in life how you forget what is important, but life always finds a way to make you remember them and feel that way again." (3 weeks nc). A week later (1 month NC), my ex sends me a friend request. Afraid to get friend zoned, I respond 2 days later telling her"Hey, not to sound like a jerk but i don't think being friends is a good idea. Sorry" to which she replied "k" (typical of her when she is mad). So I guess I don't know whether to think she wanted to be friends, she wanted me as a safety net or she's second guessing herself. The "k" just throws me off, because I don't understand why she is angry.

She's angry because you've proved you can do without her.

And her point in dumping you was to prove she could do without you.

How dare you move on - ?!

Go No Contact.

best thing you could do.

Read the NC guide in my signature (link).

It's all there.

Good luck!

• Author
Finally_Cracked

Thank you! that is what I figured, I believe it is also getting to her she sees signs I have moved on. I'm currently a college student (we broke up, high school sweethearts), but she has heard around I am in EMS and Air Force ROTC (applying for special forces next year), I got to say to anyone,

"The best revenge is living a good life"

• Like 1

Yeah forget this twat, I live in college town too and there is not shortage of extremely hot women here. Don't waste time thinking about your ex when there are so many attractive women to date.

• Like 1

I've been broken up for the same amount of time as you (October 2012) but sadly I haven't been able to move on and make progress as fast as you have. Congrats though, I hope to live a damn good life without my ex, become the best me that I can be, and eventually find someone better who won't cheat on me.

diamond1234

you just said it, right there "the best revenge is to live a good life"

Go on and live a great life, do great things that you wouldn't have done if she was holding you back

• Author
Finally_Cracked
I've been broken up for the same amount of time as you (October 2012) but sadly I haven't been able to move on and make progress as fast as you have. Congrats though, I hope to live a damn good life without my ex, become the best me that I can be, and eventually find someone better who won't cheat on me.

Here's some tips:

1. Put it in perspective. This person was so good? Why did they bail? What is missing them possibly doing for YOU. They're dead, they're not coming back.

2. Another tip, some might disagree but getting angry. I think its' necessary. You rip them from the pedestal, and use that anger. Use it in the gym, use it to boost your self-esteem.

3. Never show your sadness on Facebook/Twitter, trust me.

Honestly, after a point you got to understand you control your emotions. Not the other way around.