How much fun did you have after dumping

Just testing the waters but what is it with people after

A breakup even ones pretty amicable it's like let's

Show the world how much fun we are having ?!

Facebook almost instantly is bombarded with pictures of big smiles

And lots of fun!

Was only speaking to a female friend today and she said she was out

4nights a week all the pics went up but she was miserable crying herself to sleep

Most nights but couldn't loose face..

Why?!

She said to get some/any reaction from her ex (she dumped him like wtf)

Then I remember a male friend who rarely used fb but as soon as breakup happened he was checking into "fun" places everyday!

It's strange how break ups effect us..

I have permanently deactivated my Facebook as I'm just not strong enough for

Silly games .. Why do they feel the need to kick us when we're down haha..

Opinions please?!

• Like 1
purplereigncb

I deactivated my FB after we broke up. Then I thought to myself, I can't be cowardly and hide. I have since reactivated my facebook and started putting up the front. I never used it much before, but I also think it serves as a distraction so that I won't think of my ex.

After my bf broke up with me I cried my eyes out for a few days then had a "I'll show you" kind of mentality, partied, drank two weeks straight and posted pics on fb. Those were the only weeks where I didn't cry, during the day I would have fun, go out, think to myself screw him. But at night I would cry myself to sleep and still do. Then I noticed he caught on, he doesn't even go on fb that much or likes drinking but he started to post up his share of fun. I couldn't handle it anymore so I blocked him, checked his page 2 weeks after through my friends account and noticed that he hasn't posted anything every since I blocked him. We probably do it to just show others or that ex that we're fine, moving on, that they can go fck themselves.

• Like 1
purplereigncb

My ex did the same she posted pics at 4am of her at the club with her friend. It was so irritating. I'm so sure those pictures were a big F U to me.

I don't know but I think it's really dumb to put up happy pictures of yourself if you are really sad and are just trying to get a reaction from someone.

All it will do is make them think you are happy and be forced to move on. Not to mention the hurt feelings for seeing how easily they are forgotten.

It's like one big lie. I don't get it.

My ex did that too. Throughout our 3 year relationship he was all, "I hate facebook. I hate having people see what I'm doing. I'm barely ever on it. You're such a Facebook addict."

We break up and he's "liking" everything posted on there, he's changing his picture every five seconds, putting up statuses, going on it in the morning when he was at work, whereas before he would never be caught dead on it.

It's like honestly who are you trying to fool with all your activity? He was a miserable person when we were dating, and his new activity was supposed to make people think he was fine?

People that do this are so stupid. Everyone knows it's a front.

• Author

It's funny tho we think it will work logic in breakups

Go right out the window. I've had a few breakups with the current

Ex and knew by Monday morning the professional nite club pics

Would be up .. It's expected now at this stage .. Kinda at the stage

Now I hope she is happy .. But I also know when you were with me you'd

Very little interest even replying a text o all these picture buddies.

I'm not saying it doesn't bother me but nowhere like it used to as I know

It's partially done to hurt me too..

Guess it shows the kinda ex I had ... Happy snappin' lol

purplereigncb

My ex when we broke up told me I had no style, personality, didn't know who I was. I'm doing the Facebook thing as a validation thing. I get likes and comments, and compliments. It's helped restore my self esteem.

• Author

Think when they do it first it's bad

And stings but after that your waiting for it

I actually had some level of satisfaction proving myself right!!

But hey I'm just seeing pics of her looking fab with the girls no guys on

Show yet but it's only a matter of time

Games games games ;(

Ive had this happen and looking back its so silly. makes me giggle a bit. its usually the dumpee that does it from a bruised ego. ive never dumped anyone but ive seen people react like that. i say why bother just be yourself. i can see hiding unhappiness but why make it look like youre so happy its over by putting on a show.