NC question!

I don't understand.

If you went NC, what was the reason? To never speak to him again so you can move forward without him 100%? Or to take a break with the purpose of resuming contact at some point?

Either way, there is no "formula" for NC. 3-4 weeks? It all depends what the specific situation is.

• Author
I don't understand.

If you went NC, what was the reason? To never speak to him again so you can move forward without him 100%? Or to take a break with the purpose of resuming contact at some point?

Either way, there is no "formula" for NC. 3-4 weeks? It all depends what the specific situation is.

I posted a thread in the section called "Does she miss me?" If you would like to read it.

destroyed4sho
Should you talk to your ex after 3-4 weeks of NC or 3-4 weeks after you actually broke up.

In theory,the whole point of NC is to NEVER contact them again so you can heal.The only reason to respond back to them is if they profess their undying love for you and apologize for breaking up with you and all other things that you need to trust them again.

But you can always just do what you want!! Unfortunately, most likely no matter what you do, you will not get back together. :-(

• Like 1

If you're trying to get your ex back then you tell her now and give the space to her after that I guess. Think destroyed4sho told me that before, but for me it's more complicated because I already told my ex I'm not talking to him anymore. Can't go back on my word so I'm just leaving it alone for now. And yes, I believe it also depends on the reason your relationship ended.

• Author
If you're trying to get your ex back then you tell her now and give the space to her after that I guess. Think destroyed4sho told me that before, but for me it's more complicated because I already told my ex I'm not talking to him anymore. Can't go back on my word so I'm just leaving it alone for now. And yes, I believe it also depends on the reason your relationship ended.

Thanks! I am still not sure how to approach it. I know she has been busy lately and will be for the next few days so I need to get her at a time where she isn't so she has some time and space to think.

Thanks! I am still not sure how to approach it. I know she has been busy lately and will be for the next few days so I need to get her at a time where she isn't so she has some time and space to think.

yeah just tell her straight up that, you want her back. that you both need space and that you are working on yourself and that you will not be contacting her but if she does feel like how you are now she should contact you.

simple. that way the ball is in her court. if she really wants to get back with you and believes that you will be making changes for the better then she will contact you when shes ready. if its late late for her its too late for her but atleast she knew.

• Author
yeah just tell her straight up that, you want her back. that you both need space and that you are working on yourself and that you will not be contacting her but if she does feel like how you are now she should contact you.

simple. that way the ball is in her court. if she really wants to get back with you and believes that you will be making changes for the better then she will contact you when shes ready. if its late late for her its too late for her but atleast she knew.

Thanks again for the input!

I will do that. I really want her back but its barely been a month since we split. So if she doesnt want to give it another try then I am willing to move on.

Yeah. I sort of did that and then finally asked the question like 2 months later if she saw any chance of reconciliation. She said no. So I started all over, back from day one with the exact same feeling of the day of the BU.

Seriously the best advice here is to tell her how you feel and gently let her know that unless she would like to talk about working out the relationship, you really can't talk to or contact her. It really is about you and only you at this point so look after yourself and the rest will all work out for the best.

• Author
Yeah. I sort of did that and then finally asked the question like 2 months later if she saw any chance of reconciliation. She said no. So I started all over, back from day one with the exact same feeling of the day of the BU.

Seriously the best advice here is to tell her how you feel and gently let her know that unless she would like to talk about working out the relationship, you really can't talk to or contact her. It really is about you and only you at this point so look after yourself and the rest will all work out for the best.

I agree. I will do that in the next week or so and if the answer is no then I guess I have no choice but to move on. Thanks for the advice..it helps a lot!

• Author

And I am the one who dumped her..so you could imagine my regret.