My personality type

While I was gone, I was given yet another personality (MBTI) test.

Yet again, it confirmed my personality type as ENFJ with a secondary of INTP.

ENFJ is my "native" type, and INTP would be my "functional" type.

Here is what its says about ENFJ's in a relationship:

"No other type falls in love as quickly, as strongly and as passionately, as the ENFJ."

Immediately, I thought to myself "Great..I'm f*cked." Not only do I have this hyper-sensitive emotional system, but I have a PERSONALITY basically designed to ensure that I get my heart broken for it.

More detail:

"For the ENFJ, love means flowers, poetry, candlelight dinners – in other words, romance with a capital R. When they first fall in love, they fall in love with an ideal perspective of what the relationship will be, and they fall deeply, head over heels. ENFJs value commitment and loyalty, and look for it from their partner. They typically enjoy activities with their partners that allow them to discuss the relationship and focus on what each person truly believes.

When commitments are broken, ENFJs become upset because they see the breakup as a personal reflection on them and because they have idealised the relationship.

Since they are willing to put the time and effort into the relationship, they expect it will continue on as it was from the very start. Relationships have their ups and downs; the downs, however, are particularly hard on the ENFJ, who does not manage disharmony well.

When scorned, ENFJs may be resentful, spiteful, and deeply hurt. Because they are acutely aware of emotional matters they take the breakup of a relationship especially hard. They are willing to discuss the ending of the relationship with only a few others because they feel a sense of blame and shame for the relationship not working out."

now...take all these emotions they are talking about, and multiply them by a factor of 10....and that is what I have been going through.

It explained a LOT to me. I am pretty much a textbook ENFJ.

Basically, I have this extremely romantic personality type, AND a disorder which makes me feel emotions with a VERY heightened intensity.

so, THAT really explains why this is so much more distressing and painful to me than I think even *I* anticipated it would be.