Social Media

Im really having a wobble today. Im not having a problem with NC as i know i definetely wont get a reply because shes never gonna speak to me again, and will feel crappy and full of regret, but damn social media is my nemesis! Its been three days without looking and ive been okay, wanting to look but not struggling too much, but today like I say im having a real wobble.

Her twitter is private so thats okay, as is her facebook which I deleted her from. Although I really wanna see if she changed her main photo. But her blog isnt private and the facebook and twitter of the person i think shes into arent private either. Man i wish they were. I went on at the weekend to see my ex had liked practically everyone of this girls statuses, and man it sucked. So i know I have absolutely nothing to gain by going on there, nothing will change and i will only hurt, but today the tempation is really high, so trying to distract myself from it by posting here instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I know ive just posted about this in another thread but bumping this to really advise people not to break and look at social networks! I think this is almost as important as NC. I caved and I feel absolutely horrible as a result.

The reason I caved is I noticed my photo count on Facebook had dropped by a large amount. I checked and it seemed that all the photos of us together had gone. Out of curiousity I put her name in the search line and ive been blocked. I tried her blog and shes still posting on that. So am mega confused as Ive not contacted her at all, so can't understand why she'd block me on there?!

Anyway stupidly then i completely caved and looked at the girl I thought she was interested in Facebook as its public and though I can't view anything my ex has wrote on there I know they have definitely been going on dates from the stuff the other person has wrote. I feel absolutely horrible now and really have learnt my lesson not to go looking again.

So stupidly after getting my hopes up initially after reading recently posted lyrics on her blog about "there ain t much that s dumber than trying to forget a girl when you love her" it seems highly doubtful shes struggling seen as she has moved onto someone else, doing together all the things we did.

Its been six months since the split so this isnt going to be a rebound. So she has 100% let go and moved on from me.

Dont look on their social networks! Stay strong!!

I think you can look at this two ways.

1) Seeing what they are doing with their life can make you heal quicker because it forces you to face the reality of what is happening. I remember seeing an ex post a picture of her with her new boyfriend... that made me stop looking at her facebook and start moving on. It made me accept it. I still hear from her occasionally on facebook and I won't lie, it gives me feelings, but I'm strong enough to not let it get to me.

2) I have a more recent ex and I haven't reached that point yet. Of course I see a lot from her that causes me pain, but I also believe you can't force yourself to move on. It is worse to me to set up rules for yourself that you will only break, but in this situation I can see the value of blocking her posts. But then again, we have a lot of mutual friends and I wouldn't be able to avoid seeing her comments around.

The good thing about 2) is that the more I see her say online, the more I think she's kind of lame.