ex is acting strange??

so my ex, who i was with for a year, contacted me half a week ago to tell me he ran into someone. this was the first time we had contact in a month (we were broken up for 2 months), the last time being me begging and pleading for him to see me (i did this twice in a 2 week span). he told me to stop, it wasn't right, so i did. after that we didn't talk for a month.

that was until he texted me a few days ago to tell me he ran into some person. i kept my answers short, a few words, didn't ask him any questions, and that was that. til i get a text today at 8:30 in the morning! it's my bday tomorrow, so he wished me a happy birthday and called me by 2 of the pet names we had for eachother. i told him thanx but its not my bday. and he said i know i just wanted to be the first one to wish you happy bday a day early. so he asked me how things were going, i told him great. i lost 20 pounds and dyed my hair blonde. he said i'm really happy you're doing good, that makes me happy. we haven't talked after that.

what is he trying to do here??? i thought he wanted no contact, no friendship, no us. but he's calling me by pet names and saying things like i wanna be the first one to wish you happy bday. what is going on here?? does he miss me?

so my ex, who i was with for a year, contacted me half a week ago to tell me he ran into someone. this was the first time we had contact in a month (we were broken up for 2 months), the last time being me begging and pleading for him to see me (i did this twice in a 2 week span). he told me to stop, it wasn't right, so i did. after that we didn't talk for a month.

that was until he texted me a few days ago to tell me he ran into some person. i kept my answers short, a few words, didn't ask him any questions, and that was that. til i get a text today at 8:30 in the morning! it's my bday tomorrow, so he wished me a happy birthday and called me by 2 of the pet names we had for eachother. i told him thanx but its not my bday. and he said i know i just wanted to be the first one to wish you happy bday a day early. so he asked me how things were going, i told him great. i lost 20 pounds and dyed my hair blonde. he said i'm really happy you're doing good, that makes me happy. we haven't talked after that.

what is he trying to do here??? i thought he wanted no contact, no friendship, no us. but he's calling me by pet names and saying things like i wanna be the first one to wish you happy bday. what is going on here?? does he miss me?

Who is this "some person"? Sounds like he's testing the waters with you to see how you will respond.

• Author

just some guy who was a mutual friend of ours a year ago that ended up going to jail for a few months. so it was really random that he bumped into him because neither of us had contact with him for like 8 months.

do you think he's testing the waters for reconciliation?? i don't want to get my hopes up but i don't see why else he would talk to me. he knows we can't be friends.

confused kitty

Who knows at this time, hes obviously missing you but Id try not to get my hopes up if I were you - Ive had alot of random calls useing old pet names telling me all the feelings are still there for me etc, only to be followed afew days later by saying hes still confused!

Let him contact you, and see what happens, play it cool and dont give too much away - If he does want reconciliation he'l let you know...

Happy belated birthday, by the way!

Keep us posted and good luck :)