LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Christmas and birthday messages

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Old 17th October 2011, 5:10 PM   #1
Established Member

Christmas and birthday messages

I was wondering what you have done about messages on Christmas and birthdays ? Do you respond or remain nc ? Or just reply with a short " thanks you too " ? Not that I'm expecting anything but .
Old 17th October 2011, 6:14 PM   #2
Established Member

Remain NC. Especially in your case. You deserve so much better than the way you were treated. Through this journey of self-discovery by facing the pain you will emerge so much stronger and more capable.

You will also appreciate a TRULY good man when he comes along.
EgoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 7:37 PM   #3
Established Member

As always, depends on how the break up was. Cheating, violence, abuse, lies etc etc... then definitely not. It's over forever and nothing will make me break NC. But if the break up was mutual, fell out of love, that sort of thing, then I see no harm in a polite response, aslong as the dumpee hasn't sent the first message nor continues to send messages. Just a nice "thanks, same to you" sort of thing for Xmas messages.
Old 17th October 2011, 9:12 PM   #4
Established Member

I doubt I'll hear anything from my ex. for the upcoming holidays and my birthday was when we were together.

However on the remote chance she does hopefully by then I'll be indifferent towards her and may or may not respond.

Her b/day was 2 days ago but I stayed strong with N.C and did'nt contact her,, wasn't easy though.
mike588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 9:21 PM   #5
Established Member

You stay no contact.

He is no longer a part of your life; therefore, there is no reason to make an exception (and outreach for a small connection) due to it being a certain day of the year. The relationship is done. Let it go. (((hugs)))

Each day is your day, and each is the same on your journey to a better life, so treat them that way. Keep moving forward

p.s. I will not be wishing my ex a happy birthday this week.