cant stop thinking about him

citrusdrop1688

Its been exactly one month of no contact. I thought it would get easier but its not. We stopped seeing each other six weeks ago. Actually broke up in January. We agreed it was the right thing because while we said it was a fresh start neither one of us had let go of our old relationship. However, it was his idea. This is the longest we've gone without any contact in 21 months. I told him that if he wanted to work on things in the future I thought it would be important for him to reach out to me and make contact. While he was telling me he "couldnt do it" he immediately followed up with "I think getting back together will always be an option, we just have to get the timing right" and "i know im always going to love you". What the f**k is that supposed to mean and why hasnt he tried to contact me?

I at least think i know im doing the right thing, but as more time passes the more unsure I am. I keep thinking if I dont reach out at some point we're never gonna talk again. I also think if i reach out to him it would be sending the wrong message. How do I know when the time is right? How do I know what I'm supposed to do?